Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying some BG products including their doc diesel oil conditioner additive and their 32032 diesel fuel conditioner which I have been happy with. Just tried their epr engine performance restoration and all I can say is wow. My oil is 1000 miles into it's life I can clearly see through the oil, took all the soot and sludge outta the crankcase.
My truck has 200k miles almost and used this in 1 application. I'll probably continue to use it every 50k miles or so.

https://youtu.be/meWlaAxrCsY

·
Registered
35 Posts
EPR was originally designed to clean out the small passageways in the PS 6.0 injectors to help avoid egr issues. Under testing, they found the trucks to start making more HP and torque. It was found that product was so light, it was getting past the piston and cylinder wall, and cleaning the ring landings allowing for more compression. It not only cleans, it restores performance.

On a side note...if you use it, runs it in an already warm vehicle for 45-60 mins, it'll clean better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good info.
I just walked out and checked the oil, at 3,000 miles oil is still a golden amber.
and as far as the Diesel Fuel Conditioner, it seems to be doing a good job as well.
I was pretty impressed with the concentration test they do. very eye opening comparing it to other brands.

·
Registered
356 Posts
good info.
I just walked out and checked the oil, at 3,000 miles oil is still a golden amber.
and as far as the Diesel Fuel Conditioner, it seems to be doing a good job as well.
I was pretty impressed with the concentration test they do. very eye opening comparing it to other brands.
Nathan... where are you buying BG products in Boise?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nathan... where are you buying BG products in Boise?
I buy it from Js General automotive downtown, they have the most products.
Also Diesel Injection Service on Federal off Findley has products, that guy is cool to talk to.
Plantation tune tech at Pierce park and state has more gasoline products.
I wish a place more west had the stuff like ATP, I try to get most stuff there anyway.

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have been trying some BG products including their doc diesel oil conditioner additive and their 32032 diesel fuel conditioner which I have been happy with. Just tried their epr engine performance restoration and all I can say is wow. My oil is 1000 miles into it's life I can clearly see through the oil, took all the soot and sludge outta the crankcase.
My truck has 200k miles almost and used this in 1 application. I'll probably continue to use it every 50k miles or so.

https://youtu.be/meWlaAxrCsY
It is funny to read this. I have been using BG products for the past four years now (DOC/DFC) I change my oil and 1000 to 2000 miles m oil still appears to be a bit golden or see-thru as they say. My buddy owns a 2016 Cummins (Also a heavy equipment mech) and he did not believe me that after 1000 or so miles that my oil was still clean. So i had to prove it to him. Great product.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I tried the 44K fuel additive, i believe it was, in my grand prix. I didn't see any difference after running it although the engine itself only had ~75k miles on it and was installed by me. Injectors were original but everything else was

However, for those of you using this stuff.. Do you follow the BG recommendations or do you deviate?

·
Registered
447 Posts
it will look black and dirty.
I'm not deleted. My oil is black when i change it.

Was it noticeably darker when you changed it after running the EPR?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I tried the 44K fuel additive, i believe it was, in my grand prix. I didn't see any difference after running it although the engine itself only had ~75k miles on it and was installed by me. Injectors were original but everything else was

However, for those of you using this stuff.. Do you follow the BG recommendations or do you deviate?
I have to say i deviate because i have never read their specs. My good buddy is the BG rep for Orange County/SoCal. I buy my product from him. I run 1qt. DOC every other oil change, i do oil changes every 5K. I use the DFC whenever i get around to buying more but not every tank about every oil change. I am very up on my maintenance. I also replace my fuel filter every oil change. It is a piece of mind for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts