Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Big injector guys- lets talk smoke

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  tsagami596 
#1 ·
I'm curious here, as the only experience I have with larger injectors are the ones I'm running. 40% over tips i swapped onto my stock injectors, with good balance rates.

My truck seems to smoke more than my liking sometimes. specifically this morning, truck is cold, I'm traveling so I cant plug the block heater in. I start it up, let it warm up to over 100 degree engine temp, start driving slow, not beating on it. Driving down the road in stop and go up to like 40 mph, it seems like if i give it more than 5% throttle i see a haze coming out the tailpipe (can see it in the headlights behind me) and if i even step on it to say 20% throttle, you can see this haze fill my lane up. Not blacking it out but just like a fog behind me.

Once its daylight you really cant even see it, mainly in the dark. Seems to dimish when the truck is up to operating temp. Is this normal for big injectors? I have noticed that since my injectors, after driving for awhile, say 300-500 miles, if i wash the truck, there is a slight soot buildup all over the rear of my dually fender above the exhaust

#4 ·
Mine does the same to must be normal lol

#5 ·
mine doesnt smoke unless you get on it some, then it dumps. normal driving there is almost never a haze. but you have dual pumps and turbo my stocker vvt probably helps cut it back

#8 ·
Glad Im not the only one with this lol I never noticed them being louder, its hard to hear over my turbo

#9 ·
Mine are louder than my stock ones and they are 3 weeks old.. balance rates are great also must be normal. . And little haze but only when headlights in the right spot

#13 ·
i thought about trying to tune my own but i decided i dont have the time to try and learn how to do it. one day i would like to invest the time to be able to write some myself

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.