Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone explain to me the difference between bigger injectors and bigger nozzles. to me it seems like by just putting bigger nozzles on the injectors it would greatly increase the amount of fuel allowed to be injected but im probably wrong and the fact that a set of injectors is around 3700 and a set of nozzles is around 800-1000... just hoping someone can enlighten me on this thanks

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Same thing but if you go with nozels your injectors must be in good condition first you don't get cleaning, inspection, and flow rate balancing or paperwork showing what you really got. Just whether you want to roll the dice or not.
Small unnoticed problems with an injector can be amplified by the bigger nozzles. Many have installed nozzles with great success others have not had such good luck like I said do you feel lucky :neener

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You could always send your injectors to Exergy and have them clean, flow, balance them. That will be much less than $3700. More than just getting a set of nozzles for it but more accurate.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have low km injectors (24,000) so I just bought some exergy nozzles of a local member.

I'm wondering if I should flow test them before or after I install the nozzles...... I have no clue new to this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
wondering this myself. also has anyone got there nozzles honed out?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
If you're only going 30%-40% over stock probably fine to do just nozzles but it's ALWAYS better and more safe to have them all tested and calibrated as a group. But lots of guys don't and have no problems.

If you have the money send them to exergy. If not throw a set of nozzles on. And just run them. You'll likely be fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me know when you figure out the route you're going to go with your injectors let me know. Just bought a 01 drivetrain from a total loss truck. Plan on building the motor and swapping it into my truck now

·
Registered
176 Posts
you will regret just doing nozzles. have someone do the injectors then your done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.