Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 lly with 95 hp injectors, trany and everything else is done, also have stage 3 w/m inject. but i dont use it because it hasent been tuned in. seen egts in the high
1500s when towing heavy loads high 1300s just driving. if i turn down the edge low boost setting to 1 or 2 the egts stay low.
should i go with a bigger turbo or take the injectors out?

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you like the power you are seeing then you are going to want to go to the bigger turbo. The engine simply isnt getting the air it wants to see. The more air you get in the better you are going to be. You might want to dial in your water meth as that will help quite a bit with the EGTs. Our turbo should be ready in about 4 months for your truck. Our drivers side exhaust manifold replacement for your truck should help a bit as well if you dont have it already.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Do you have an upgraded transmission?

You are going to need it when you put on a bigger charger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want a truck that i can tow heavy loads and hot rod around. already went this far and want 2 know if getting a bigger turbo will require more parts such as a lift pump. the truck is plenty fast but now i want the motor 2 be safe. looking into the aurora 3000 or 4000 but i dont want 2 dump another $3000 into if im going 2 have 2 put a bunch more money in2 it. i guess the question is, will getting a bigger turbo be the final step!!
the truck has edge att., turbo back 4'' exhaust, banks
ram air intake & inner cooler, snow stage 3 w/m injection, 95hp injectors, shimmed fuel rail. tranny has triple lock torque converter, kevlar clutch plates, bd valve body, ats co-pilot, & mag high-tec deep pan.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Adding the turbo would be the final step for you. That way you are going to be able to use all the power you are generating without having to worry too much about exhaust gas temps. Nothing like being able to tow a 12000lb trailer to the dragstrip, unhooking and blasting off 12 second passes all day long, then towing the trailer home.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The ATS turbos you mentioned would make a good choice, there is PPE's Garret chargers available now also.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I like the ppe but depending more on what the truck is used for to decide which type and size of turbo to go with, bigger is not always better with a turbo!!! I would probally recomend the PPE GT4088 for a good stock replace ment towing/performance turbo well capable of low 600hp with other supporting mods!!!!

ATS also has a wide range of differnt turbos, as well as the BD is a very good stock replacement turbo if you want to keep around 500 hp!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts