Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to install my 4094 cast wheel turbo and was wondering if anyone has real world performance numbers between the 2 wheels. I am not looking to get more power with a billet wheel but if it considerably helps spool I will be interested in putting one in before i install the turbo. Also for those with a 4094 whose tuning is best? I hear they can be temperamental to tune.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The front wheel generally doesn't help spool up at all... you might get a bit more power out of it with the better wheel design.. i ran a cast wheel 4094 in my LMM and it was pretty powerful.. a bit laggy in general tho, going to try the 3794 BMW setup in my new truck i think, and eventually twin it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front wheel generally doesn't help spool up at all... you might get a bit more power out of it with the better wheel design.. i ran a cast wheel 4094 in my LMM and it was pretty powerful.. a bit laggy in general tho, going to try the 3794 BMW setup in my new truck i think, and eventually twin it.
I was holding out for a 3794 but feel like I got a good deal on this. Who tuned yours? Any regrets with it?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would use Danville, I've talked him a bit and sounds as though he pretty much has the 4094 mastered. I would have went with him for my 3794, but I'm already using Kory :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
This may be a bit late...but I'm running a Billet wheel'd 4094 68mm dynomat tuned by duramax tuner. It runs awesome, and put down 737whp!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would use Danville, I've talked him a bit and sounds as though he pretty much has the 4094 mastered. I would have went with him for my 3794, but I'm already using Kory :)
There's a difference between Korys and Marks tuning for the 3794, I've rode/ drove in TowU4Free's LMM with the 3794 and Marks feels stronger, but you have to remember mark designed the turbo so his tuning should be expected to be the best performing for it

Reactions: monster50iii

·
Registered
507 Posts
There's a difference between Korys and Marks tuning for the 3794, I've rode/ drove in TowU4Free's LMM with the 3794 and Marks feels stronger, but you have to remember marks designed the turbo so his tuning should be expected to be the best performing for it

I am switching over to Mark's tuning this week-ish hopefully. I can't wait!

Reactions: JNWFJ
1 - 7 of 7 Posts