Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a 5 inch intake from Bill, only problem is I can't get ahold if him. Sent him emails and left messages, nothing back yet. Anybody else having trouble getting ahold of him?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I made an order with him on the 5th. He has a huge backlog. He took like a 45 day vaction ending 1 Mar. My intake should be done towards the end of this month.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Same here on his list waiting for emai saying its done...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks for the info guys. Mind if I ask what size ya went with? Just curious

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I went with 4.5"

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill called me back today. Got a 5 inch ordered, should be done in 2-3 weeks! Pretty excited about this, wanna hear the increase in turbo whistle.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Hope you have efi live to recalibrate the maf. I had the 4.5 or 4 i cant remember its been awhile, it was on my lb7 for about a month and got rid of it. It had no bottom end what so ever.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have A DSP5 and tunes from Rob, 5 inch DP back straight pipe, EGR Block plate, and a 3 inch Downpipe I am going to install with it. Hoping to see a decent improvement when I get all that on. So you like your S and B a lot better then?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
yea i like it. bills is a decent intake i just didnt have efi at the time or i would have kept it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you get much extra turbo whistle with the bills? That's the entire reason I bought it, and I think the metal intakes look awesome.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
yea it sounded good, but to be completly honest the s&b gives just as much whistle. either way man get your maf calibrated and itll be good and you will get the whistle you are looking for :thumb

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, thanks man.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm lookin at bill's also.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
only reason im going to get a bills intake is so i can have it mate up to my lbz mouthpiece without and issues or having to use the coupler

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Spoke to bill last night also. My intake will be done next week

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey guys, been wondering whether i want to do an s&b, or bills intake. Idk, are we allowed to talk price on the forum? If so wat are yall paying if i may ask? Also, wat are the benefits of bigger or smaller sizes? And why do yall prefer bills intake over banks,s&b, or k&n?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There is no benifit in big intake. Bigger may give more turbo sound but that's about it. I choose bills because its the cheapest and only one made in aluminum. Most DF members prefer s&B

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
So who knows what needs to be done with the maf are there certain tables that need to me changed? And if so what are the numbers? Etc

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
You'll regret doing the 5" IMO. Way to big.. Why would you need a 5" intake when the inlet of the compressor housing is only around 3". Even with efilive that 5" will just make it laggy and get worse mileage. S&B is a by far better setup.

Just my opinion on what I've seen with allllll the intakes we deal with. Rob cant stand the bills custom lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man Dustin I wish I would have know your take on this before I ordered the 5 inch from Bill. I guess I didn't do enough research before I bought, hopefully I don't end up regretting that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts