Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
For sure my next set of shocks will be the Bilstein 5100s. Iv rode in a few GM 3/4 ton trucks that had Bilstein 5100s & the ride comfort was alot better then my Bilstein HDs (4600s)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Definitely worth it. Call Norcal Nick and he'll ask a few questions about your application and recommend the best 5100 for you.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Great shocks, don't forget the steering stabilizer when you order.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great shocks, don't forget the steering stabilizer when you order.
Agreee, Took a lot of feedback out of the steering wheel with the New 5100's and I've got a 5100 stabilizer waiting to go on, which should take care of the minor feedback I get this time of year on our great roads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
5100s are definitely the way to go. Correct 5100s at that. Many options out there, but correct ones for your setup will make a noticeable improvement. As also stated, a 5100 steering stabilizer is a nice upgrade as well.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
love them. The ride is really nice too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been debating between the 5100's and the Rancho RS9000XL, the ranchos are adjustable for the loaded or no load. any thoughts on the Rancho's guy's?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I love my 5100's, had the Bilstein HD's on my 06 heavy half and like these better. Gettin ready to order the Bilstein steering stabilizer also.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I hated the 5100s. MUCH happier with the fully adjustable Rancho 9000s instead.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'm gonna say it all depends on your driving terrain.

I spend much of my time at work driving offroad on either crappy dirt roads or barely roads at all.

I have been doing some work with Nick at Norcal and doing a real world off/on road test and I like the way the 5100's are on the road, they are a little stiff for my liking but seem really weak on the offroad side.

To me seems as though the valving isn't near aggressive enough to stand up to 25+ miles a day of offroad use. They start getting over worked and really lose their firmness when it counts most.

If you will be doing 100% paved road driving then yeah make those your choice, If you will be doing any amount of offroad use quite often like I do then find another shock.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Go with FOXS'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts