Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if this shock will fit the 2017 Sierra/Denali HD? Or even the 2016. I ordered a 2017 and should be here any day now. I'm reading online the trucks don't come with these and I want one based on what I'm reading on this forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Can't locate the thread now, but I think the GM stopped putting the mounting brackets for the steering stabilizers on the 2016's. Not sure on 2017's. I haven't seen any yet. Maybe you'll have better luck searching.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
GM quit installing them when the new front end was released in 2011 (with the LML), but left the holes.

Many no longer feel a damper is necessary.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It is necessary especially if you are leveling or lifting. I put a Bilstein on my 15 when I lifted it and put bigger tires in it and it made a huge difference. I no longer have the steering wheel bounce when I hit bumps on the highway. I think Cognito makes a adaptor. I am not sure though. Send a message to jwc. He knows.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is necessary especially if you are leveling or lifting. I put a Bilstein on my 15 when I lifted it and put bigger tires in it and it made a huge difference. I no longer have the steering wheel bounce when I hit bumps on the highway. I think Cognito makes a adaptor. I am not sure though. Send a message to jwc. He knows.

Did you put the 5100 steering damper on yours?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer just informed me the mounting bracket that was installed by GM is no longer on the trucks. I read on another thread where GM stopped installing it for model year 2016 and now 2017.

Any way to add the mounting points ourselves?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes. I did use the Bilstein. Look for jwc here on the forum. He knows where to get the brackets you are going to need to install it on a 16-17

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Hey guys will the Bilstein 5100 steering damper shock work on lifted trucks also or just stock??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts