Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nick - I tried to PM you, but it was rejected; you aren't taking PM's anymore?

Nick -

I developed a big thump and harshness in the back. It seems the upper mount bushing on the rear Bilstein shock is gone.

What do I need to do to get it warranted?

Thanks!
Wally

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now I tried calling and no one will speak to you until you fill out a form on your website first. I think you are getting too big too fast or something over there, Nick.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7 days later and I still can't get someone at NorCal to process my warranty problem?!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tried calling them the last 2 days, no answer. Now I get a message that says their on holiday leave until April 2nd.

Awesome.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!

2 days ago I got an automated email that they are overwhelmed. But still no contact.

Today I took the shocks off the back and put my OEM ones back on. The rubber isolators are pretty sad looking, the shock returns when compressed, but there is some play in both shafts; OEM has no play whatsoever.

The clunk and harsh rear went away with the shock swap.

Bilstein's warranty requires going through where you bought them, so I'll wait to get this settled with Norcal truck. I'm glad that I kept my stock shocks!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got out of the surgical boot on Monday. I'm 1 month into about 3months of PT now. It's pretty darn sore right now :(

By the summer I should be out and about but not all healed... I should be ok to hold a brake and stomp a throttle though, lol.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do I see you got the twins now?! WOW!! When can I get a ride?? :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
yes i have twins and they are fantastic. rofl. ill see u at etown or atco bro. :):p cant wait to beat my old time.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't wait that long! lol. When are you going to be around this way next?!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW - my truck is about 350lbs heavier then when you saw it... big assed front bumper and winch, lol

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't need more then that... This truck is no mudder,lol. This is for an awwshit oops and for moving heavy things. With three snatch blocks I can use it to back me out of a hole, or make the winch "bigger" lol.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Just remember each snatch block slows line speed by a power of 2 but effectively lightens the strain by 2 as well...this only works if the line is parallel or close to parallel. And never hook to more than the line is rated for.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just this week I used one snatch block to help my brother in law straighten a small tree he planted 2 yrs ago; it was blown off kilter by Sandy.

Note proper use of his new Cummins as an anchor for the snatch block, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no idea WTF. I posted it and it came out upside down... so I flipped and saved it in my phone and posted it... again upside down, lol. Oh well. Turn your monitor over, lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts