Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with these New Trucks having to run a diffrent kind of fuel? I have been told by a dealer that the New Diesel Trucks should not be run on Low Sulfer Diesel fuel. Is this new diesel fuel help mileage and can it be run in later model trucks? I just kind of wondered about all this hoopla I had been hearing.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The LMM (2007.5) and newer have to use ULSD (15ppm) in them. I am guessing that if you used the other fuel, it would clog up the DPF. Here soon, that will be the only type of fuel available. With ULSD, I have noticed a small loss in mileage, similar to winter diesel. As far as being able to run Bio in the newer trucks, from what I have read, GM recommends no more than B5. Obviously there are people that run straight bio with no problems. I don't know how this will affect the LMM engine though. I don't think I will be buying a new truck anytime soon. I love having my LB7 with no emissions stuff on it because that is the way it came from the factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts