Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ran 50% biodiesel and I ran well, so I ran 100% and It does not run well at all

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fish,
I just got my LMM Duramax. Truck has about 800 miles on it and I'm on my first tank of B20 with no problems. I'm replacing my '01 Dodge Cummins ISB motor which I had been running on B99 for 2 years with zero issues whatsoever. I think I'm just going to stick to B20 since the whole warranty thing is still a grey area. I'm a huge biodiesel supporter, and I think B99 is fine for everything prior to this year, but I'm not sure how the pure stuff is going to do with the new particulate traps in the exhaust. Are you running ASTM 6751 certified from a good commercial vendor, or are you making your own? Also, can you elaborate on "ran 100% and it does not run well" ... how exactly does it not run well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have got a 07 or newer and burn anything more than 5% bio and have problems Gm will not warranty it. live in Illinois and was told by service rep taht I can not run Illinois fuel B11 in my truck, I have to run Indiana fuel B5 or it will void the warranty. Indiana is 35 miles from here. If this is the case,GM misrepresented the trucks by selling them in Illinois and now saying we cant burn Illinois fuel.

·
Registered
132 Posts
"Biodiesel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone running Biodiesel ? What blend ? "

I'm still scared to try, but I'd like to. I'm going to wait to see what others with LMM's experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Q. How does or will the dealer now that the truck has run this fuel? Even if the tank has been drained and replaced.

Surely the dealer/GM have to conclude, without a doubt that its the fuel that caused the problem!

Then, what problems are caused and are we all worried that something will happen, when it probably won't.

Here in Europe we make Bio the smae grade as what comes from the pumps. We run Range Rovers, Land Cruisers, Jauars etc and haven't experienced any issues to date.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think there will be any problems either. It's just that "great unknown" factor of what could happen. Even then, what could hapen? I have no idea why it would hurt anything at all, its just fuel and it lubricates better, isn't that a bonus?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't think there will be any problems either. It's just that "great unknown" factor of what could happen. Even then, what could hapen? I have no idea why it would hurt anything at all, its just fuel and it lubricates better, isn't that a bonus?
It isn't "just fuel", as you might say. A diesel will run on unleaded for a short time, but that doesn't mean we should put it in our engines....obviously. Nobody knows of the longevity effect yet. It seems to work well now for some, but not for everyone. I have been saying that it's a big risk with a 10k-12k dollar engine when no one yet knows what the results are for the long haul. If you have the $ to take the risk, then go ahead, but what is the benefit, really? On the Biodiesel.org site, it says" May have little impact on performance and longevity of your engine". They do not say what the "impact" may be, but why take the risk? Personally, I ran it through 3 tanks, got less mpg, and my truck ran weird. (Idling high, running hotter, not as much HP, and generally just did not do well). Hope this helps and it is only my experience......If it's better lubricity that you are looking for, use Stanadyne or Power Services Diesel Kleen for the time being until you know for sure that Biodiesel is the way to go.......:drink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.