Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here have any info on using Blck Market Performance's filter head style lift pump? A guy I work with mentioned it to me but I cant find any reviews or useful info on it?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have no specific information, but it sure looks like a good idea. Easy to install also and cheaper that most lift pumps. But you do give up having the water separating filter in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no specific information, but it sure looks like a good idea. Easy to install also and cheaper that most lift pumps. But you do give up having the water separating filter in the engine compartment.
I've already ditched my stock filter for the Cat equivalent, so thats not an issue for me.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I like the basic concept, ease of installation but there are problems, not the least of which is the elimination of the WS.

You could put a WS inline before the pump.............Id want to know if it is supposed to be "flow through" though.

Neither wold it solve the air intrusion issue since it would still be sucking the fuel from the tank. The collapsing hoses would be a problem still as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could put a WS inline before the pump.............Id want to know if it is supposed to be "flow through" though
From what the dude I work with said it is supposed to be a flow through so if it shits the bed the stock pump can still do its job.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
From what the dude I work with said it is supposed to be a flow through so if it shits the bed the stock pump can still do its job.
Where did he get that information? It is not on their website.

And the elimination of the WS is a HUGE problem. One bad batch of diesel and yoru entire engine is toast.

There aer several other better solutions out there, FASS, Air Dog, Kennedy and a couple others

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did he get that information? It is not on their website.

And the elimination of the WS is a HUGE problem. One bad batch of diesel and yoru entire engine is toast.
Thats a negative, it makes no mention of if it is or isn't a flow though system, where he got the info I do not know, that's why I turned here for more clarification. I will shoot Black Market a message though and find out if it is and let y'all know.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Thats a negative, it makes no mention of if it is or isn't a flow though system, where he got the info I do not know, that's why I turned here for more clarification. I will shoot Black Market a message though and find out if it is and let y'all know.
Even if it is "flow through" without the WS Id take a pass. Not to mention that it fails to address the failure to address the old braided hose problems and air in the fuel system and collapsing fuel lines.

IMHO, spend a few extra bucks and get a system that addresses all the above. ;angel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been running the cat filter on my truck now for a little over year with it being a non-issue, I change the filter every 3-5k miles when I do an oil change and I haven't had any problems or noticed any weird changes.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I've been running the cat filter on my truck now for a little over year with it being a non-issue, I change the filter every 3-5k miles when I do an oil change and I haven't had any problems or noticed any weird changes.
It will work fine, until it doesn't!

That CAT filter Does NOT filter out water. Like I said, one bad load of diesel with water in it and you will have mini explosions going on in your cylinders. Think dropping water into hot pan full of grease.

You came here for advice, take it or leave it. I hope NEVER to have to tell you "I told you so".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will work fine, until it doesn't!

Like I said, one bad load of diesel with water in it and you will have mini explosions going on in your cylinders. That CAT filter Does NOT filter out water.

You came here for advice, take it or leave it. I hope NEVER to have to tell you "I told you so".
And I very much appreciate the advice and will definitely take heed of it, I will probably not likely utilize the Black Market lift pump for the reasons that you have mentioned unless some one can chime in with some actual evidence that it works and works well.

In case anyone wants to know according the them it is a flow through system, but they could not give an answer on whether or not it would solve the other fuel issues that may come up.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
I've already ditched my stock filter for the Cat equivalent, so thats not an issue for me.
Lesser filtration and no Water Separator, how is that equivalent? 'dunno;

·
Registered
1 Posts
Too everyone on here worries about cat filters not having a WS. The Donaldson p553203 fits the same and is 3 micron with a water separator and is 20$ a filter. Boom problem solved. I'm baffled that not very many people know this.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,377 Posts
Too everyone on here worries about cat filters not having a WS. The Donaldson p553203 fits the same and is 3 micron with a water separator and is 20$ a filter. Boom problem solved. I'm baffled that not very many people know this.
I was just looking into switching over from the Cat to the Donaldson. It says the Cat filter is 2 microns vs the 3 microns Donaldson. But you have the benefit of the water separator.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Absolute....at what %? That's the one they always leave out on the kitty.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sorry - had to come back. What effin genius decided to name his company Black Market Performance? And what effin moron said to himself I've gotta have this? Allisonbob has done the extensive research for us all - try searching and reading. That is all. Good night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts