Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of KMC addict black matte/machined. has anyone ran a wheel like this in the winter months in their area where road salt is used? I dont have the money to get another set of rims and tires for my truck. Im having the zone lift put in my truck so would my stock rims mount up for the winter time with some all terrian tires?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The stock rims should work if you have the money for another set of tires. I ran my torques (black/machined) for about half of last winter. I just stopped by the carwash as often as I could and put the pressure washer to them and the rest of the truck. No need to do a full scrub down, im sure you know how quickly the salt makes your truck dirty again, just use the pressure washer to spray the salt/shit off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ran ADDICTS here in Maine on my last truck ..... Same thing just washed them often, they did fine two winters!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, im gonna try to do the stock rims with some different tires. then my summer rims/tires will last forever and look great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
when I put mine on , I couldn't bring myself to take them off and go back to my crappy stock rims :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I actually had a friend give me a set of aluminum wheels off his dodge when he sold it that I ran for the first half of the winter, but the tires on them were real bald so i said screw it and put my torques back on.. they held up fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts