Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Black Smoke on moderate acceleration and it is not a central problem common to all cylinders like a boost issue or air restriction. Using snap-on scanner I cancelled off each injector 1 through 8 and found smoking stoped completly when cylinder 1 was dissabled. Replaced injector with new one from dealer and same problem no change. Suspected bad injector from dealer so swaped injector #1 with #2 and still smoking on cyinder #1.
Performed compression check on right bank and even readings across the board aprox 450 psi.

:helpAnyone see this before?

2005 lly completly stock

·
Registered
28 Posts
Clean EGR valve easy fix if it's dirty had that on my 04 completely stock I used carb choke cleaner and haven't had a problem since 10k mile since it stoped

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An Egr probem would make it a central problem common to all cylinders. If I dissable cyl 1 and the smoking stops how could that be an EGR problem?

·
it goes vroom then bang!
608 Posts
i like you your smart youll have alot of people throwing alot of bullshit at you but sometimes the little shit is the problem. but id look at the cup it may be whats allowing it to over fuel

·
it goes vroom then bang!
608 Posts
Yeah the brass nozzle cup that sits in the clynder head do a leak down test on the injecter because id u already switched the injecter out that's where id start lookin see if u have a problem with the head

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
When you run the test with shutting off injector #1, make sure you verify on the engine which cylinder that actually is. I have heard of cases where EFI does something similar (ie you shut off one cylinder on EFI but it doesn't necessarily correspond to the engine's cylinder numbers). You may have simply been replacing the wrong injector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Black Smoke on moderate acceleration and it is not a central problem common to all cylinders like a boost issue or air restriction. Using snap-on scanner I cancelled off each injector 1 through 8 and found smoking stoped completly when cylinder 1 was dissabled. Replaced injector with new one from dealer and same problem no change. Suspected bad injector from dealer so swaped injector #1 with #2 and still smoking on cyinder #1.
Performed compression check on right bank and even readings across the board aprox 450 psi.

:helpAnyone see this before?

2005 lly completly stock
I KNOW EXACTLY WHATS WRONG ...your leaking oil into your turbo. It will run forever like that and it will pass inspection but that is the problem.

Now you get to tell people a girl told you how to fix it...cause I'm female.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts