Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm blacking out my truck and want to paint the chrome parts on my stock mirrors gloss black. My question if anyone knows is how can I get those covers off or would it be better to paint them while they are on the truck? Im not sure if they are stock or were placed on there by the previous owner.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
mine were just double stick taped on

IMO just get tow mirrors.. look way sweeter!!! :rockin

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Im running out of money so its looking like a heat gun and prying are up my alley...thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
while we're on the topic has anyone painted a grille before?

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
my friend did on his gmc

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how did he do it?

·
Registered
162 Posts
its hard to paint chrome my brother did and even preped it. and it pealed but if your on plastic it will stick

·
Registered
188 Posts
while we're on the topic has anyone painted a grille before?
painted mine..just sanded it down real good...worked fine and the paint is staying good!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah i painted my grille as well....just rough up the chrome a bit....primer it and you should be good. its all in the prep work....mines holding up great!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
could just powder coat it....wouldn't think it would cost very much at all being that small

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I painted my stock chrome mirrors white, scuff em up really good, clean them with some sort of chemical cleaner, let them dry, put some primer on scuff it up a lil more and paint!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
Anyone notice the Ford Sign in the background?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I painted my chrome mirrors and grille and bumpers. it can be done with a little time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks good....and I didn't take the picture lol....besides Im a convert after buying this GMC I doubt Ill look back...

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I painted my chrome mirrors and grille and bumpers. it can be done with a little time.

any suggestions on painting the front fascia? Im going to paint black (its grey now) and was wondering what paint you used for it

·
Registered
303 Posts
I painted my chrome mirrors on my '01 and it never seemed to work for me, i would paint them and then i went through a rain storm and it started coming off so i found some black ones on ebay for 100 brand new with all the options!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts