Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2002 Sierra and wondering where to start out for power upgrades. Brand new injectors and high pressure pump the part numbers respectively being 97729095 for the injectors and 0986437303 for the pump. Idk what the specs are on the its just whats listed on the doctors bill I got from him after its last visit to a mechanic. The truck has 190000 on the odometer as well. The injectors and pump were replaced approximately 6 months ago. Just looking for 450-475 hp at the crank nothing crazy. Also still needs to be able to tow full load as it is still a work truck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd contact Danville Performance or one of the other GOOD EFI live programmers on this site. I have no idea what you can get with just a program but I am guessing close to what you want and most likely more than the Ally will handle. If she has a stick shifter and you need a clutch go to South Bend Clutch. Exhaust will be a big help at those power levels.

·
Registered
619 Posts
AirDog or FASS to help those injector and pump. EFI tuning from Kory or Rob. Exhaust.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How difficult are the exhaust installs on the LB7s? I have a lift and have pulled off a few dozen pipes from 350 chevy's but just now getting into the diesel mechanic side. Give me a carb and cam and I can make the world go round but these darn electronics are something else!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
How difficult are the exhaust installs on the LB7s? I have a lift and have pulled off a few dozen pipes from 350 chevy's but just now getting into the diesel mechanic side. Give me a carb and cam and I can make the world go round but these darn electronics are something else!!
They are cake...you will have to spray the bolts first with some pentrator but easly done with hand tools.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts