Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
This AM I followed up with GM Canada since they told me 3 or 4 weeks ago that I should see a letter within two weeks. I have not see the letter but I was pleasantly surprised when they told me the fix is out and my dealer should have the part(s) but I jus have not received the letter - sure enough I call my dealer and they are ready to fix it - Booked in for Friday!

Dealer also mentioned that my rear defrost recall fix should be out this week too - so far a good week!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
This AM I followed up with GM Canada since they told me 3 or 4 weeks ago that I should see a letter within two weeks. I have not see the letter but I was pleasantly surprised when they told me the fix is out and my dealer should have the part(s) but I jus have not received the letter - sure enough I call my dealer and they are ready to fix it - Booked in for Friday!

Dealer also mentioned that my rear defrost recall fix should be out this week too - so far a good week!
Keep us posted... new assembly or just a cord?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didn't ask which part they are replacing but I will follow-up here Friday and let you know if its cord, element or both...

Just dropped the truck off for repair tomorrow. They will be changing both the block heater element and the cord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a call from a senior advisor today from GM after opening a buy back case, he said that they just heard of a fix today that dealers are replacing cords with cords not affected by the short circuit issue. Will be calling my dealer tomorrow to verify before closing my case. Will let you all know what i find out.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I didn't ask which part they are replacing but I will follow-up here Friday and let you know if its cord, element or both...

Just dropped the truck off for repair tomorrow. They will be changing both the block heater element and the cord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See if you can get us the part numbers... 👍 thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed our first one today. Paid 1.3 and took 1.5 just to fill and bleed cooling system haha. Gonna be a nightmare but Gm only sent us 8 for the 5000 customers we have to repair. I don’t anticipate seeing more parts for at least a month especially with the strike.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just saw this on my 2017

GM Program #:
N192264210
Date Issued:
Oct 15, 2019
Program Title:

Enable Diesel Engine Block Heater - Exp. 11/30/2021

Program Description:

Certain 2017 - 2019 model year Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 vehicles, equipped with the 6.6l Duramax diesel engine (RPO L5P) and optional engine-block heater cord, may have a condition in which the block heater cable function was disabled.

Repair Description:

Dealers will replace the engine block heater and cord.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Guess I'll be getting a free coolant flush

·
Registered
140 Posts
What is the recall for the rear defrost? I see it on top of the work order.
Another issue with poor quality wire. I don't really care if the rear defrost works or not but unfortunately its on the same circuit as the heated mirrors and I need those....

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got my block heater replaced last week. They re-routed the cable so it isn't just wrapped up and zip tied. Now it goes along the edge of the engine compartment and the plug is zip-tied to part of the plastic radiator cover.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Got my block heater replaced last week. They re-routed the cable so it isn't just wrapped up and zip tied. Now it goes along the edge of the engine compartment and the plug is zip-tied to part of the plastic radiator cover.
Where are you located? My dealer in Mass says nothing available yet

·
Registered
104 Posts
My dealer in CA says nothing for at least a month. Guess those that really need a block heater are going first. However, I did learn that there is a notice that some of us with Denali's were double charged for the polished aluminum rims and there is a$ 795(?) refund available. I think I'm one of them as the window sticker showed them in the standard package as well as the chargeable options!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
For sure they wouldn't have enough at first to do them all. I guess they could wait until the did before distributing them. Considering the season, I think the more northern users would have greater need. It is good that they have first dibs. I think that even in the high Sierras you would be fine without a heater most years, not that you shouldn't have one if you paid for it.

Let's hope the supply chain is flowing freely and that everyone will have what they want soon.

61 - 80 of 144 Posts