141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not happening in NJ either.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was just notified by my dealer they have the parts to do the recall also got notice from OnStar this month about the recall. I live in Pa.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m in Pa bucks county and still have not received anything yet ... kind of pissed but glad our winter was pretty mild this year .

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Got mine done today. The dealer I bought from has continued to duck my inquiries, but I stopped into a chevy dealer and they took care of me....

I was in Maine in mid Feb w -15* and she started right up, no heater and w the high idle, had heat quicker than I would have thought...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Finally got my block heater / regen recall and page in owners manual , free oil and state inspection . It’s took a Corona pandemic to get my block heater .
Everything seems fine , I hate taking anything to a dealer , I am content with my dealer I purchased the truck from even though I have to drive a extra 1/2 hr to get there I got the truck back in the same condition , no dents / scratches or mess in the interior .

·
Registered
61 Posts
I received this recall work last week . They put 4 dents in my fender near where they did the work in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
That sucks about the dents brother ... My dealer did a great job its been 2 weeks , no leaks everything looks very professional , I think they remove the inner wheel wheel , looks like new clips and all .
Figure there working on a 70K + truck it should be that way .
As I said I travel an extra 1/2 for my dealer I use , the local dealers are hacks , I have had previous dealers got brand new trucks back with dents and grease all over the interior .
I have been using Bergeys GMC in Harleysville PA for years , great family owned and they have a huge selection of trucks and excellent service .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had this done a few weeks back. A block heater is not essential unless you live / travel to a region where temperatures consistently fall below zero. However, this is an open recall and you should be able to get service from your local dealer to install a replacement block heater. My local dealer warned me that a small loss of coolant was possible and to watch coolant levels in the days following service. Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That sucks about the dents brother ... My dealer did a great job its been 2 weeks , no leaks everything looks very professional , I think they remove the inner wheel wheel , looks like new clips and all .
Figure there working on a 70K + truck it should be that way .
As I said I travel an extra 1/2 for my dealer I use , the local dealers are hacks , I have had previous dealers got brand new trucks back with dents and grease all over the interior .
I have been using Bergeys GMC in Harleysville PA for years , great family owned and they have a huge selection of trucks and excellent service .
Ya Thanks glad you have a good service dept near you . My dad has same truck and they dented his fender too a week before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I'm in Illinois outside of Chicago. Took it to the dealer for the Regen recall and asked about the block heater recall. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks I called they said GM is not shipping to southern states. Never considered Illinois to be a southern state but I'm still waiting for mine to be done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I'm in Illinois outside of Chicago. Took it to the dealer for the Regen recall and asked about the block heater recall. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks I called they said GM is not shipping to southern states. Never considered Illinois to be a southern state but I'm still waiting for mine to be done.
Not shipping to or haven't yet? I live in NJ so it's likely we're on a similar latitude, which means I would be considered a southern state as well (although by every measure known to man that's considered the NE part of the country). If it's not shipping to then my response to GM will be decidedly more unpleasant than if it's just haven't yet.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts