Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thing wrong with pluging it in all nite or for days at a time if not driving much? Not freezeing yet but was after faster warm ups. its getting in the 30s and low 40s at nite. And when should should I start useing gell protection.Thanks Guys PS damm I like this D max why did I wait so long :cookoo[1]:

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I never plug mine in. That thing scares the crap out of me. Why they put a little appliance plug on something that draws 10+ amps is a mystery to me. I've never had a problem starting, even in negative temps.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The way I understand the fuel treatment is that it is treated appropriately for your area as the weather changes so if you fill up regularly it shouldn't be a problem. As long as you don't fill a huge tank in the deep south and head straight north in the late fall it shouldn't be a problem. I am new at this, am I right or wrong?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good to me , But this Idaho , as they say wecome to Idaho set youe clock back 25yrs lol . Any body in Id. out What are you guys doing , useing? tahnks

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Plugging in will only kill your electric bill. I don't plug in unless it is around zero.

As far as the anti-gel, just use a good fuel additive. I use stanadyne in nearly every tank year round. The additive you use is all personal preference though. There are some decent ones out there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used a timer on my Ford for many years to avoid heating the thing all night, it worked out pretty well. I only would plug it in if temps were in the single digits and below.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
ive left mine plugged in for weeks at a time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks All , think I wont be plugen if I,m driving every day ,and it dosent get in the teens. I don't mind saving some cash , just dident want to have hard starts or hurt the thing.

·
This space for rent!
316 Posts
It is true that they treat the fuel accordingly to the area you are in. I know here in MT they do. You can use an additive for peace of mind etc.

As for the plugging in. It does draw alot of power, make sure and use atleast a 12gauge ext. cord. I run a 10gauge and it seems to work nicely, I don't plug in until atleast single digits.

Koho~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts