Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
9,509 Posts
I use mine, but I have never checked my engine temp. I don't have an edge, so I can't tell you what mine is after being plugged in. If I remember tomorrow, I will check with my predator at work. How long before plugging it in did you run the truck? It takes quite a while for the block to cool down. I don't think there is anything wrong with yours. Although, I don't plug in until it gets to 10F or colder either.

· Premium Member
9,509 Posts
You should already have one in your engine (I think all duramax's came with them reguardless of where you live)....look for the plug on the right side of the truck....I would look by your right motor mount since in the installation intstructions it says to remove the motor mount. In any case, the part number that I came up with is 10369173.

· Premium Member
9,509 Posts
I know this has been asked many times on other sites...that is why kennedy did the pics on his site. My truck was "winterized" when I bought it so I didn't have to do the search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.