Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having some issues with my blower motor and blower control module. I have the dual climate control. So I went to start my truck and it starts up as usual but the fan would not blow any air through the vents. So I figured I'd just need a new module but later that night I go into my truck and the fan is blowing air through the vent on high no key in the ignition at all but when I turn it on it shuts off. Any insight on why it might be reversed?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Usually caused by a bad module and connector. Be sure to replace both.

Moving to Wiring-- not a 911 problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just went through the same issue of the fan running on high all the time even with ignition off. See my post called "Blower fan won't shut off".
Took me a long time to figure it out but long story short it was a combination of the blower motor going bad, and the infamous resistor going bad. The bearings in the blower motor where getting tight, causing it to draw too much amperage through the resistor and frying it (I think). I put a new resistor in and it popped within a couple days. Oiled the bearings in the motor and bought a true GM resistor from the dealer and it's been working perfect for about 2-1/2 weeks now.
Mine however did not shut off when I tried turning the fan off with the dash controls, it just ran on high all the time no matter what.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts