Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from the river last night, 4 hour trip pulling 17' boat, doing about 70,gauges not showing excessive heat,I noticed i was losing oil pressure. All my oil had blown out the pass by tube. I am also smelling diesel. Burnt or lost alot of fuel comming home.after adding more oil and letting cool...It starts fine and has proper oil pressure butt loss is brought with rise in temp.Idles rough when temp is up. What did I do And what should I do. Please help...... Thanks Steve
I noticed another forum about fuel in crank case. Is this part of my problem?
6.6 2500 dmax

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
If it doing this all the time you might want to have your injectors looked at,they are a pretty common failure on the lb7 engine! is there any smoke at idle? dose your oil smell like fuel? what for mods do you have on the truck?

Later
CB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No noticable smoke at idle.Oil does smell like fuel.I don't know what mods are...help. thanks! P.S. how do I tell if I have lb7?

·
3,162 Posts
8th digit of vin will be a 1 for lb7 or 2 for lly, mods are things like exhaust, chips, programers, intakes,

dose it idle rough all the time or just when warm?

When was your last fuel filter change?

Later
CB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All stock exhaust and intake.no chips or programers that i am aware of.Rough idle only when warm. changed fuel filter about 8000 ago. truck only has 82000 miles on it bought used with 70,000 did not get any warantee. It is LB7

·
3,162 Posts
You might want to try a fuel filter first but it sounds like it could be bad injectors, you engine has a 100,000 mile warenty on it and i beleive the injectors are covered even longer than that.

The fuel filters on these trucksare not the best in the world by far, it dose not take much to plug them up, i just changed one with about 3000 on it and when i cut it open it was totally dirty, and the only thing i think it was was i got fuel at 1 little back woods station 1 time while on a road trip and i had problems not to long after that, what i'm getting at is that it only takes one bad tank to screw them up!!!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I went to that same back woods station.3.03 a gal not bad in tri state area.....unless it trashes your truck! I'll get right on that fuel filter. thanks a mint! I'll let you know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer replaced all 8 injectors,gaskets,fuel filter, oil and filter. All warranty. I am So verry greatful for that, BUT when they brought my truck out to me, right away I noticed oil pressure off the scale at about 4 o'clock. Imediately i pointed out the problem and that it was working when I brought it in. They told me that I could leave the truck and they would check it out tomarrow but that would not be warranty repair work.I called GM and the are working on it with the dealer,but might it be an easy fix I can just handle myself maybe?I dont want to leave my truck another week with a pissed of dealer.
when I shut off truck , guage drops down to about 60.If clues help, Guy from GM asked if fuel filter had been changed when I told him oil pressure guage was wackoo.Whats the relation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fallow up to blowing oil

Dealer replaced all 8 injectors,gaskets,fuel filter, oil and filter. All warranty. I am So verry greatful for that, BUT when they brought my truck out to me, right away I noticed oil pressure off the scale at about 4 o'clock. Imediately i pointed out the problem and that it was working when I brought it in. They told me that I could leave the truck and they would check it out tomarrow but that would not be warranty repair work.I called GM and the are working on it with the dealer,but might it be an easy fix I can just handle myself maybe?I dont want to leave my truck another week with a pissed of dealer.
when I shut off truck , guage drops down to about 60.If clues help, Guy from GM asked if fuel filter had been changed when I told him oil pressure guage was wackoo.Whats the relation?

·
3,162 Posts
looks like to me that maybe they bumped the oil pressure sender or maybe evenbroke a wire or something, thats the only way that makes sense to me as for the fuel filter and the oil gauge i dont think the guy has a clue he just knows that the flters are a problem on these trucks so that his answer for all the problems!!!!!!!!

Glad to see they got it taken care of!
Caleb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts