Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting one of these things to keep track of all the money I've spent :cookoo[1]: and to be able to track the trucks progress through the years. :neener

She started out with me about 6 months ago, I was driving a rung out 1995 dodge 2500 cummins that kept having 1 issue after the next. My wife was on craiglist and found my truck and told me we had to check it out that weekend. As some of you might have seen I will be the first to admit I over paid for my truck but it was exactly what I wanted. 180K mile loaded LT, mods were all recent right before trade in, owner did Injectors, Lift pump and EFI live from starlite diesel. Was a 2 owner truck (I was the third) with all maintenance records through carfax, with no rust!

Day I brought er home!

Leveling Kit added and waiting on tires/wheels (fixing to be removed and for sale)

Wheels installed

Exhaust in Magnaflow 5 inch from Alligator Performance!

Exhaust and 2inch wheel spacers installed

Finally got around to removing those stupid side steps!

this brings us up to Christmas in which I got a few goodies from the wife.
Tow mirrors, LED brake lights and third brake light also LED tail gate bar and new head lights and Rancho RS5000s

If you notice I broke one of the side pieces off my grill being a little over exuberant trying to get the new head lights in. HIDS were also added as well as the "all on" mod.

Reactions: The Dude1

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New grill and third brake light fixing to go in.

PPE boost valve installed as well as New built trans tunes from Starlite diesel in anticipation for my built trans!!

This came in the mail the other day from Phil at DPC!

Got the wife to the track finally and she had a blast! :drink

And this pretty much gets you caught up the were I am now! waiting on my tax return to get the trans finished!!
Also got around to this weekend getting my wheels painted with legit paint and no more pastidip!! no turning back now!

Most of these pictures come straight off my instagram; 04durmaxlb7 Give me a follow!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice truck! Subd

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
178 Posts
subbed, love the look so far. What were your times at the track? Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
great looking truck!
Love it man.
subbed, love the look so far. What were your times at the track? Just out of curiosity.
Thanks guys!! I'm trying to keep things simple and clean.

As for times I really just went spur of the moment since we did not know they were even doing a T&T till the day before but she turned out a 9.0 at 81 in the 1/8th with a 2.4 60ft, I have a video I can post of that run I had to launch off idle in 2wd since my truck has these stupid leveling keys and no sleeves (which is about to change).

I have the MPH for a mid to low 8 second pass just need to clean up that 60. This is all on built trans tunes from starlite and Stock 180K mile tranny with OD locked out and TH on. I only ran twice but had absolutely no issues!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks guys!! I'm trying to keep things simple and clean.

As for times I really just went spur of the moment since we did not know they were even doing a T&T till the day before but she turned out a 9.0 at 81 in the 1/8th with a 2.4 60ft, I have a video I can post of that run I had to launch off idle in 2wd since my truck has these stupid leveling keys and no sleeves (which is about to change).

I have the MPH for a mid to low 8 second pass just need to clean up that 60. This is all on built trans tunes from starlite and Stock 180K mile tranny with OD locked out and TH on. I only ran twice but had absolutely no issues!
Right on man. You should post the video! And once you get the trans and front end built you should be pretty set. You have big power plans for the truck or are you planning to stop after the trans?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Right on man. You should post the video! And once you get the trans and front end built you should be pretty set. You have big power plans for the truck or are you planning to stop after the trans?
Just because you asked nicely! It might not show up as it was just uploaded.

http://youtu.be/vZdHpoMFPDk

I don't have huge horse power plans for the truck, this year trans, next year will be turbo and I'm sure my injectors will get swapped to 30 or 45 overs at some point in between, the goal is a 600 DD street queen haha

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Figured I would do a quick update and Ill post some pictures tomorrow.

I was able to get my Tie rod sleeves installed and removed my rough country leveling keys for stock ones. I will be ordering a DHD centerlink brace as well I want to be able to launch this thing for real. I would love to get my 60 ft. time around 1.8-1.9 if not better!

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
BYE BYE crappy angles!! this is before sleeves and with the RC leveling still in and bolts backed all the way out. rode like crap!

Meant to include this in my other post but who is running the DHD centerlink brace? thoughts on running just this and sleeves for my launches?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Going to update with some more pictures!! I mean who doesn't like those right? Got the Stock keys back in and lowered it about an inch so total now I'm about 1/2inch over stock height or so. Transmission has been put on hold for now since it seems I have to PAY taxes both Fed. and state so Its hitting pause till later this summer.

ALSO traded in the wife's 2012 terrain for a new jeep wrangler Sahara!! Full JKS 2.5 suspension lift with 35-12.50s on stock 18s. I love this thing!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice truck man, wicked clean! What grille is that? Looks mean!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice truck man, wicked clean! What grille is that? Looks mean!
Thank you! Grill is just a generic Ebay grill I picked up after accidentally breaking my factory one.

Its not a permanent solution but its OK for now, Obviously I wanted a T-rex or RBP but couldn't justify the cost with a trans. build looming over my head. Its actually been growing on me recently since I have yet to see anyone else with it!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Right! I know the feeling, except i'm doing HG right now. It deff looks good with your setup. I might have to check into that haha

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look what came in the mail!!!

ANNDDD while I was in there I found my steering box is leaking :( ole well I guess its just another thing to replace and make better.

I did 1 test launch and it pulled just a smidgen to the left but not enough to let up and I kept my foot in it through 2nd it felt great!!! that was also only on my 4th tune which is about 80hp short of my max effort.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.