Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I went to pep boys in my area who has the biggest selection of color match paint and couldn't find my color in the book or anywhere so I started looking around at the caps and reading the colors and grabbed a can of dark sapphire metallic and the cap matched perfect so i painted my bowtie and its navy wtf i go back and get a lighter version and think it will come out dark and it doesn't so Im back to square one wtf can i do or does anyone know what color code or color name that will match my truck or should i give up and paint it black.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
What you need to do is go to a body shop that paints vehicles for a living......inside your glove box, (can't remember where) but your paint code is in there.....any reputable body shop will be able to mix a can to match it......my local shop did it in 2 minutes for me.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't seen steal grey metallic in person but my color isn't grey and that's the color code in the glove box.

This is the reason I am asking if theres someone with my color truck that has got color match paint and it matched

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Don't know what to tell you other than trying a body shop.....I know my local shop mixed a small cup of it for FREE for me.....

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
does no one pay attention to my links?

they will make whatever you want, matched to your paint code.... in a fucking spray can if you want.... :D

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read and looked at your link thats why i posted about the stealth grey I was simple asking after that if anyone has a blue granite truck that used stealth grey to color match.

·
born country
2,427 Posts
paint code 46, make sure it's chevy not gmc or it will come up as stealth grey, it p46 :drink

·
Registered
591 Posts
Stealth gray is the same color i had a GMC Z71 that color and had paint matched flares and escalade handles on it. I had the handles painted at a chevy dealership and the flares done at a body shop and they both matched the paint perfectly.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
blue granite also came out from gm on a different year truck as a different name. I found out when I had to have my old truck fixed at the body shop. You can look up your paint code like everyone tells ya, ignore the name if it does not come up blue granite. same color, different name. good luck. ps. I think the older trucks had a different name for it. in 2007 it became blue granite.

and no. no one listens to underlord.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bow tie paint

You will have a hard time trying to color match with rattle can. I had my friend that does body work paint mine. Even if you have the paint code there may be 3 or 4 alternate colors. He sprayed the different options on some cardbord and we matched up the color. It turned out great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
+ 1 on local body shop or painter. i picked up both bowties and added 2 colors to the center. I left the chrome perimeter. It came out great. The painter threw the work in as we've been on quite a tear color matching the dually. Headlights housings and mirrors are in work.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts