Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2007.5 Silverado 2500HD Crewcab, love the truck, I have not used it much because it was not registered. This past weekend I opened it up to see how it runs, I was impressed, but after my little speed run I was at a red light when blue smoke started coming out of the passenger side front fender area, it also did the same thing next day. Has anybody else had this happen and if so what is causing this, any help will be appreciated. Regards

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
You most likely have a leaky exhaust connector, can you smell exhaust in the cab? Do you hear a loud screaming sound coming from under the hood when you mash the skinny pedal (not turbo noise) that could be a leaky up-pipe, otherwise its probably either the downpipe to turbo or the downpipe to front pipe which is just behind the passenger wheel well liner.

I would pull the wheel well liner and look for soot around the exhaust clamp and manifold, while your in there, get familiar with the fuel filter and WIF sensor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, I will take a look back under the wheel liner this weekend. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts