Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sub'd this looks interesting

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I wish I had friends that bought me truck parts!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I am sure that is cheaper but I myself would not like going back and fourth between using it as my phone and gauges, but that just me. For me I also like have the EGT probe and also being able to add more sensors as needed. But for the money it is a alternative

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I guess waaaaay cheaper but my insight has more PID's than I could ever use!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will agree that is is an inconvenience to use it on the phone. Also not sure how but it does have a guage for EGTs. Does the factory have a temperature probe somewhere? I just set it up last night so didnt get to play too much with it yet. It did have an EGT reading on my way to work today though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the $13 and $5 for the torque app, I would say it is worth checking out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I will agree that is is an inconvenience to use it on the phone. Also not sure how but it does have a guage for EGTs. Does the factory have a temperature probe somewhere? I just set it up last night so didnt get to play too much with it yet. It did have an EGT reading on my way to work today though.
The factory does for the DPF system, I think there is 3 or so down the pipe but none in a location that could be used to read actual at the manifold. They are used for the burn.

·
Registered
226 Posts
For the $13 and $5 for the torque app, I would say it is worth checking out.
I agree! That is way to cheap for someone not to at least check out. I love my CTS but costs waaaaay more.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think down the road, I will get an insight. Just figured I would play with this thing for now since I had it. I have a few other things higher up on the list to buy though before an insight.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think down the road, I will get an insight. Just figured I would play with this thing for now since I had it. I have a few other things higher up on the list to buy though before an insight.
Ya, the main things you want to watch is EGT, Fuel PSI Desired, Fuel PSI Actual, Boost and sometimes I watch the Calculated Fuel Rate.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I used the Torque App on my Android phone along with a wireless OBDII port thingy before getting my Insight. It is just as accurate as the Insight since all it does is read out what the ECM is outputting. The downside is I often had issues with connecting across Bluetooth between my phone and OBDII port which was a headache. Also Torque app is fairly limited compared to the Insight. You don't get any of the regen PID's (no soot grams or diff pressure sensor readings) or access to injector balance rates on the later trucks. All in all about $20 but fairly limited compared to a $400 Insight.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ya, figured as much and I use the Bluetooth on my phone for music so that would be a no go. Still cheap though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts