Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at wheels for a while, these are the two I cant make up my mind on. Silver Birch truck and trying to black out as much as I can without over doing it. Help me out guys. . .

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
what size are you looking to go and those are the wheels i was stuck between

Reactions: flexyford

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i've been hearing a lot lately about how the BMF's not holding up too good. they are my favorite looking wheel, but am hearing that fuel or XD wheels are holding up better. apparently BMF are china wheels and the coating isn't too quality

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanna get 20s and either a 285 or 305 tire

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nick at Norcal seemed very happy with the BMF wheels, the Novakanes are what I will be going with one day!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the Novakanes, how far out does the -19 offset stick out? Will it fit on just a leveled truck?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
you have two choices in 20s

20x9 which is 0 offset they keep them right under the fenderwell

20x10 which is -19 nor cal nick told me they stick out about 1 1/4 inch so not that bad it will give it a good stance

the bmf novas in a 20x10 are what i have

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
wwwwwwwoooooooowwwww

i've been hearing a lot lately about how the BMF's not holding up too good. they are my favorite looking wheel, but am hearing that fuel or XD wheels are holding up better. apparently BMF are china wheels and the coating isn't too quality
slow your roll buddy slowwwww your roll

i just bought the bmfs so lets not talk about that lol:D

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
on the 20x10s, can you still run 33s? Cuase I know I cant fit 35s

I like the look of the - offsets

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
yeah man u can put some 33 12.50s up on that riggggg

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
285/55's & 60's seem to work well with the 20x9's and stock height trucks. i mounted 3 different sets of tires to my one set of BMF's and they couldnt have held up better.

a+ wheel.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
other people man ^^^^

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it doesnt make a difference the BMFs are 20x10s? Im not planning on running them during the winter or early spring so they should last

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Go with the BMFs man I can't tell you how many trucks around my town have the XDs.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are they worth the extra $400 a set? Everyone either runs H2s or Rockstars, I dont think the Hoss or Novakane bugs kicked it yet in NY

·
Registered
897 Posts
I like my BMFs, probably my favorite style wheel, but I agree with those who say the quality could be better! I don't know if the stealth finish is better than the Death Metal, but I feel like they can scratch very easily.

·
Registered
897 Posts
And as far as XD being a better wheel, wasn't there a thread going around about Rockstars cracking?

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
If you need a pic to prove it I will. But my BMF's are BEAT TO HELL! And im not even hard on them... I will NEVER BUY BMF EVER AGAIN! Cheap ass coating that is not meant to go anywhere but on the highway. I will post a pic later so yall can see...

·
Registered
897 Posts
So I guess my theory about the stealths being more durable is false?!?!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not really into the rockstars and I saw the thread about them cracking too. Do you guys have the death metal or the stealth black? I live/ work on a farm, do about 400 miles per week highway so my truck sees alot of mud n dirt and some pavement. So Im guessing the Hoss is better to go with?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts