Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've tried 3 different aluminum polishes on my wheels and nothing seems to work. I'm starting to think this is not oxidation, but some sort of cheap clear coat...anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I definitely agree. I'm just glad I don't have any money into these wheels. They look great other than the machined part. Hoping I can sand and polish it out. Gonna take me forever if it works though. Might just sand blast them at work one day and send them off to powdercoat

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looks like I'm gonna have to spend a whole weekend on these wheels. I hit that one section with some 220 and then rubbed some mothers polish on and this was the outcome. Pretty big difference. Only spent about 2 minutes on it because it's raining

·
Registered
318 Posts
blast and powder gets my vote, get em done some flashy flake color

·
Registered
839 Posts
bmf will warranty them with reciept and send you new ones not that he new ones wont do the same thing but my buddy got 4 new ones

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sent bmf an email so we'll see what they have to say. I'm not expecting replacements though. Most likely I'll just spend the day cleaning them up.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same thing happened with my novakanes. I just haven't gotten around to cleaning them up completely yet. I did however purchase little 1" scotch brite pad like wheels for a dremel tool, and they seemed to work reasonably well.
I'll have to check that out. Sanding by hand is definitely gonna take me awhile

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.