Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone knows if a body lift will void any warranty on the diesels. i have a 2009 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Crew Cab Z71 4x4. i heard someone say before that a body lift will void it. tried to ask the dealer but they wont give me a direct answer. thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i'm just curious if u can install without having wire length issues...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Dont get a body lift. If you are gonna do a lift get a suspension lift

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been working on buyin a new duramax and iam having the dealer install it and it will not void the warranty but its a suspension lift they said something about having a gm mechanic has to install it

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
haha gm mechanic... more like take 48 total hrs of work time and charge you double the cost of the lift in labor... Dont get a body lift.

·
Registered
163 Posts
if you are looking for a cheaper alternative for a lift, you could always get a leveling kit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well its a 2010 and they are putting it on with rims and tires for 4500 with a six inch fabtech lift

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dont lift it you will regret it later i know i do i would give the lift away if i could for stock parts

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
haha gm mechanic... more like take 48 total hrs of work time and charge you double the cost of the lift in labor... Dont get a body lift.
DUDE!! you don't even know!!!! a dealership in thunder bay ontario quoted 4500 for a body lift install something like 600 for the lift and the rest labor.... I Know this sounds crazy but for real!.... i asked and asked to make sure we were on the same page....I even called back the next day and same thing they said they just did a red one last week and yeah we were talking about the same thing...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've seen the body lift on several of the LMM diesels and they don't look too bad. everyone I know running one already had the 6" suspension kits. They run decent too and don't have the over heating problems some of the older models have...they are a super pain in the ass to install though....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
if your going for the three in body lift i say save a little more money and get the cognito 4" suspension lift kit. check out norcal truck. there link is in my sig. he can answer all your questions and set ya up

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Well its a 2010 and they are putting it on with rims and tires for 4500 with a six inch fabtech lift
Are you talkin about a 3 inch body lift and 6 inch suspension???

why the heck would you want to pay 2X the labour or more for installation of both when you could have yourself a 9 inch susp lift???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts