Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Body Lift???

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  trjk00 
#1 ·
I'm not a real big fan of body lifts but why do they only advertise body lifts for 03-05 DMAX's and not 01 & 02's? Might be a dumb question, but everytime I've looked for one, they say 2500hd and are not for 8.1's or Diesels. What's the deal with this? I am planning on lifting my 2002 and wanted some extra insurance if the rubbers won't clear the fenderwells. Just a thought though, any imput would be great! -Thanks.

#2 ·
I'm not a genius when it comes to diesels yet....but I heard that using body lifts causes problems with cooling the engine. I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not. Because I think the 01-02 engines are different than the 03-05 engines. Just my thoughts.

#3 ·
Well, I don't know much either but aren't 01 - 04.5 all LB7's? Maybe you're right, maybe the cooling systems are different on the 03-05's. ?????????? I sure don't know, anybody else know the answer to the body lift question?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.