Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found a 4 bolt flange under my truck, is this where a cat back bolts to or what? i think it would be nice as f**k if i could just bolt something on their, just under cab on a 03 rclb no cat please help

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
I'd pay good money for bolt up exhaust instead of the pipe clamps these other companies use, lol..

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
just found a 4 bolt flange under my truck, is this where a cat back bolts to or what? i think it would be nice as f**k if i could just bolt something on their, just under cab on a 03 rclb no cat please help
Yes, that is where a cat-back kit will bolt up to. If you want to ditch the cat though, you will need to go with a down pipe back kit which will bolt to the v-band flange at the bottom of the down pipe.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ok so now that we are talking exhaust, I have a 2004 ccsb which came without a Cat. So my question is this....what is the difference between a Turbo back system with no cat and a turbo back system with no cat that says "off road only"

I know seems like a dumb question but just curious.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that is where a cat-back kit will bolt up to. If you want to ditch the cat though, you will need to go with a down pipe back kit which will bolt to the v-band flange at the bottom of the down pipe.
thanks luckily mine has no cat already :drink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts