Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is bone stock 2007 classic. I am only looking to beef it up for towing. No racing. I would like to stay around 1500 on mods. With that said, what would be the best setup with 1500 to spend? I got air bags on the list.

Also, anyone know where I could get a transgo Jr installed around the east side of Cincinnati? I am a fair barnyard mechanic but it sounds like install is fairly cheap and I don't feel like F in up my tranny.

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
air bags, an exhaust, tuner, transgo jr, and perhaps some tie rod sleeves in case you need to do some heavy 4x4ing. That'd leave you a little cash for install and fluids for the transgo jr as well :)

Let me know if I can help! I'd be happy to talk over some options with you!

-Jesse
Husker Diesel

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
The original poster hasn't logged in since may, so you probably won't get much info from this thread :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really, but I stopped looking. We ended up not buying the 5th wheel, so I have left is stock for now. I called a shop in Amelia and they had never heard of the trans go jr. Which is the only mod I probably wouldn't do myself. I may revisit the upgrades early next year.

Do you know of someone or are you looking for someone yourself?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just did the same thing, but spent around 1700. My mods were air lift airbags, exhaust, edge evo, and mort importantly, biksteing 5100's. It amazing what a difference the shocks made!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The shocks help that much? I've been looking at them.:rockin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shocks are a huge improvement (although I had a 105k on originals). My fiancé got in the truck this morning and asked "why is your truck 100's smoother than before". I hadn't told her about the money I dumped into te truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts