Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could drill and tap the exhaust manifold on the truck or does it need to be removed to get the metal shavings out? And can the intake manifold be drilled and tapped on the truck or should that be removed?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
The theory is for both that you can drill and tap them with the engine running and it will blow or suck the metal particles out. However with the turbo being so precise I opted to remove both to tap them. The manifold is alot easier than it seems. Once you remove the passenger side inner fender its pretty easy. Only about an hour out and back in again.

I think it depends on the year of your truck as for where to tap the intake.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had an idea

I magnetized my drill bit. I have little magnet tool I bought from sears that magnetizes tools. I tapped my exhaust manifold when I installed my Edge and it worked perfect. All the metal shavings ended up on the drill bit. I also ran the engine for 20 minutes after the holes was drilled just to make sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts