Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 lb7 and i got a aem bruteforce intake and a ppe standard with the ppe boost valve and i installed a boost guage last night (autometer) and when im accelerating (half thottle+) the guage goes up but the needle shakes alot not sure if thats normal, but its saying im only getting 15-16 pounds of boost and why is that???? i installed the t in the line on the wastegate side of the boost valve there for the arrows on the boostvalve are pointing at the t in the line... where did i go wrong should i not be putting almost 30 pounds?.... please help, im sure any help will lower my frustration levels greatly

Thanks in advance, Shane:hel

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Boost leak possibly? Check all the piping EVERY one of them. The tiniest hole can cause a huge drop in boost pressure. Soapy water helps in finding the small ones, others are obvious..

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I doubt you are going to see 30 PSI with a PPE on 120 but 15-16 is pretty low. I am probably wrong but I think the T is suppose to go on the turbo side of the BIV not the wastegate side, but I didnt install mine in that line I drilled and tapped a fitting into the intake going into the engine. Might just try it on the other side of your boost valve I dunno it might make a difference.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
you need to be on the other side of the boost valve...the arrow points at the wastegate right? if so...the pressure there will be lower than on the other side.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ya move the boost velve. had a customer bring his the other day doing the same thing. but 30 psi u prolly wont see that

·
BACK IN DFW!
389 Posts
About the boost leak part,....

It's easy to get a leak on the plastic lines when using the brass swedge type fittings, what I did was I went to a hobby shop and there they have small brass fuel type lines for model airplanes and what not, get one of those rods and cut a piece to slide inside the plastic boost hose, this will keep the swedge/ring straight when tightening the fitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts