Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost can you have before your truck throws the overboost code?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
never seen anything on this before....but I'm sure the genius' will get with you shortly.

I plan to install my big head this week and i plan to bump boost up to 28-29 lbs......so we will see if that does it lol.

Did you get a code for it?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I just wanna know how high I can go. I wanna get a new boost gauge tho when i ordered them i accidentally ordered a Boost/Vac gauge so I wanna get just the boost gauge.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
No I just wanna know how high I can go. I wanna get a new boost gauge tho when i ordered them i accidentally ordered a Boost/Vac gauge so I wanna get just the boost gauge.
i know how you feel....i did the same thing...but it will read the same...you just won't read into the vac side of the gauge obviously.

I came from the high powered import side.....so vac was always there..

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
but on stock turbo......to be safe and to increase reliability....I wouldn't take it over 30 psi

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want to but I was thinking either the PPE boost increase valve or just a new wastegate

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
well my deciding factor there was...."according to banks"...take this how you will...

The stock the wastegate is crap and the new one is far superior....the stock one leaks pressure and needs the be replaces.....basically.

So I went with the big head and its adjustable so to me that replaced my stock wastgate and relieved from buying the PPE.....but it is more expensive.....But Stock to Banks to size if considerably larger.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just get the PPE over boost code eliminator and u can run about 28-35psi without sending ur truck into limp mode. Trust me ive done it ( even though my truck wont get more than 15psi right now !!!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts