Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHO's got one and do you like it. I don't have a chip yet and when I get on the throttle to pass someone on the interstate there is a little hesitation in acceleration. Would this help or would I just need to get a tune or chip?

Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
yes it helped my throttle response quite a bit when i installed the ppe boost controller..their is one for sale in the forsale section.. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1103 it looks like you found it already,that is a good price and no they aren't that hard to install...good luck there

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it plug in under the hood on top of the driver side where the edge would plug in? Would I have to use a downloader?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
to get to the plug you will have to remove the plastic thing on top of the engine that says 6.6L duramax then remove the ac pump and push it to the side and in behind there you should see a purple conecter and plug her in and then put it all back together,but make sure you put the box that is conected to the boost controller wires is put were it will stay cool perferibly behind the drivers headlight...hope this helps..it sounds like alot of work but it can be done in about 1/2 hour...that was my first experience doing anything like it and i managed to get it done so i figured any one can do it..good luck there
pm if you have any more questions

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have the hot tune. What HP range do you normally run it on and what gauges do you have?

Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
my highway tune is setting 3 witch would be 120hp and the guages well they are guages and runnin down the highway doin around 70mph my egt's hang around 550*...i would have to look again what brand my guages are,but the work great so i'm happy...if you put it in the high setting and add fuel your runnin an extra 350hp,but it smokes like mad http://video.thedieselgarage.com/video/1ce15744-6fc3-4174-b809-986a011bb464.htm on this video clip the only thing done to the truck was the ppe hot et2...ps my pyro is right at the neck of my turbo back exhaust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts