Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing my auto meter pillar gauges this weekend and don't wanna tap my intake bridge for the boost tubing. So I purchased a heater delete plug and I know that you need EFI live to shut off the heater plug, but don't have the ability right now. Does anyone have any other way of unhooking it so I don't throw a check engine light? I asked the GM dealer but they said they can't because of emissions bullshit!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I just tapped mine into the Intercooler pipe right after the turbo. does not take long to remove the pipe, drill and tap it, then you dont have the boost line running across the engine bay

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not sure how much difference it makes but I believe the recommended place to put the gauge is after the CAC.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am installing my auto meter pillar gauges this weekend and don't wanna tap my intake bridge for the boost tubing. So I purchased a heater delete plug and I know that you need EFI live to shut off the heater plug, but don't have the ability right now. Does anyone have any other way of unhooking it so I don't throw a check engine light? I asked the GM dealer but they said they can't because of emissions bullshit!
Since yours is an LB7 dont you just need to tap into the waste gate line?
look at page 3 last post for a pic
LB7 Boost Gauge Install - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Not sure how much difference it makes but I believe the recommended place to put the gauge is after the CAC.
just a few psi difference.. not enough thats going to make any difference on a diesel. If it was a gas rig then just a few psi could make of break things. but on a diesel. meh

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good. I'll just go with the waste gate hose. Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts