Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys Im going to order a boost gauge but idk what to expect.... With everything i have/have planned do you think there is anychance ill be over 30psi? I dont want to run the 35 if im going to be basically maxing it out. But if im not gonna be over 25 or 30 i dont want to run a 60psi gauge either!!!

Check my sig for everything and let me know any questions or thoughts! anyone running a like set up and can tell me psi they are seeing??

Main main concern is the deleted egr with sinister intake, and the to be installed batmowheel.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
I went when the 35psi since thats pretty much where the stock LBZ max's out at....so I've read

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anymore past what i have planned though???

any guesses as to what ill make when my SIG is all completed?

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
894 Posts
If your still using your stock single turbo, the 35 will be plenty. Your factory wastegate opens at 20 and with the batmowheel and even a PPE increase valve you may see 30. Any more than that is just hot air on the stock chargers. I've always ran 35psi gauges, except for trucks with bigger or compounded turbos

·
Registered
640 Posts
why go with the 60 just in case plans change. thats what i did.

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
894 Posts
He's got a LBZ, no wastegate and boost valve dont apply
I did not know that. I need to stop spending so much time with the LB7's haha. Thanks for the info, you really do learn something every day.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
especially on this forum lol i went with the 35 also because it just looks cooler when it builds i think theres nothing cooler then to watch that needle go all the way around

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
894 Posts
especially on this forum lol i went with the 35 also because it just looks cooler when it builds i think theres nothing cooler then to watch that needle go all the way around
Although I never built 35 on my last truck, I do agree when I hit 28 it looked pretty damn cool. Soon to get a boost gauge on my new 01, thinking about digital though. I use a cheapo harbor freight 20 psi boost gauge when I go to the track, just so I know how hard I launch. It would be nice to have one thats actually mounted. But I'm no longer a fan of pillar gauges. I like the "Sleeper" look :thumb

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
yeah i know what you mean ive always been a fan of the pillars plus mine has my digital DSP5 in it along with EGT so it works out. I think the fact that my truck is lifted with 35s would give off the idea that its slow so no need to make it look like a sleeper! Although i do love the idea and concept of it especially in a pickup

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
894 Posts
People always look surprised when I get it sideways at 40mph.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gauges are over 100 a piece.... Might as well do the 35 and watch it spin and then buy a new one later on if I need it right??

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
Gauges are over 100 a piece.... Might as well do the 35 and watch it spin and then buy a new one later on if I need it right??
pretty much boost gauges aint even over 100 i think mine was 70 something. not gonna need a 60 unless you go twins or bigger turbo

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
I know on my LMM when I had the stock turbo in it I pegged my ISS 40lb gauge. Now with my 4094 even on tow tunes I can snap that gauge around like a whip. Do yourself a favor and get at least a 40lb gauge for the LBZ, a 60lb one wont hurt if you have any ideas of possibly changing chargers.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
if you ever even have the slightest thought in your mind in upgrading turbo/turbos go with a higher psi gauge. I have a 50psi which is perfect since i only boost to a bit over 40psi

You can also go digital with a Edge Insight and the expandable pressure sensor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts