Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does a boost increase valve really help at all and is anyone using this i think ppe has the one i was looking at

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yes it does. It is definately worth the $30 or so they want for it. You will be going from 18-22 psi to about 30 psi of boost.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yea i have a question to go along with that. Is it safe to use it with no boost gauge? Whats the max psi for the stock turbo? I would like to use it but i dont want to blow up my turbo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
it's a good idea to have a mechanical boost guage when messing with your boost. i wouldn't go over 30-31 psi. i'm running a boost adjustment set-up from kennedydiesel and its really nice to play with, but i also have more than enough fuel from my programming to make 30+psi.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i throw a tuner on my truck and this boost valve i should be alright i dont have any extra gauges

·
Registered
132 Posts
how big of a tuner? and i think guages are always a good idea when putting something like the boost valve on.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
gauges are a good idea no matter what you do.the boost increase valve will help in turbo response and more boost,now they say the stock turbo will not hold up with 35psi for long but on my LLY i have been spikin 40psi and hold 38psi on a hard throttle for the last 20k miles to see how long it will last(i wouldn't recommend doing this if you want long turbo life)but i have never had any problems out of the turbo doing just this with it,knock on wood.i would stay within the 32psi as recommend by the aftermarket guys..

·
Registered
132 Posts
the vvt on an lly is alot different than the ihi on our lb7's.... i wouldn't go over 30-31 on a lb7.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im going to either throw a diablo or a ppe on it and just a boost valve is there some type of a adjustment so i can kept it shooting under 32 psi and im not going to do much more but what type of gauge are you recommending with this set up i guess i dont understand why you would need a gauge if the boost increase valve only increase it to around 30 ?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You would want to have the boost guage to make sure the boost increase valve wasn't messed up and giving you too much boost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts