Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know where the hell it's coming from. I've tightened all the boots down, the clamps on my ppe BIV, everything... only hitting 22lbs at full throttle. Should be touching 28. Anybody got an idea?

·
Registered
149 Posts
What are you reading boost with?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
how are you reading your boost? edge or mechanical?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You are reading off a boost gauge right? How is it installed? With a T in the line to the wastegate? Which side of the PPE valve are you on? The wastegate side or manifold side?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Reading with a glowshift mechanical gauge. Tapped the gauge into the y-bridge. and the ppe valve is in the rubber hose after the wastegate, just like the instructions told me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
just an FYI your tuning from atp is set up for no BIV. i had one on mine and i blew a turbo cause it will hit 35+. as for the leak idk what to tell ya.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You sure? Cause I told Rob I had one prior to him sending me my tunes...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I only hot about 23 with tuning from Georgia diesel and a ppe biv? Is something wrong with me to? I am wondering to

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
This is the reason I don't recommend the BIV....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have you ever hit 28? maybe not fueling harding enough, i can generally atleast peg at 28 or so for a little bit

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you ever hit 28? maybe not fueling harding enough, i can generally atleast peg at 28 or so for a little bit
Went to the track a couple weeks ago and could've swore I hit 27 or so... gonna data log tomorrow and see what peak boost is. I'm starting to think maybe my gauge is eff'd up but then again idk cause I feel a power loss as of late

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my truck. I only see about 22 to 24 psi with the BIV, but it did increase from about 18-20psi that I have before the BIV

·
Registered
45 Posts
the place i get my tunes from, gets his from rob i beleive to, an when i had the PPE BIV in i was gettin 30+ n opening the wastetgate.. took it out and no problems, averageing rond 25 on 150 setting, but gonna detune some so dont hafta do traNNY yet

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was the Boost increase valve. Took it off, and made my own and now I'm boosting close to 30.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
How did you make one? this seems to be a common thing, one guys truck will reach 32 and the other only 22. mine maxs at 24ish typically...id like to know how you made one.. i know it can be done... im getn a new boost gauge with max boost recall soon ill be able to know for sure what im hitting.. i run a max effort tune everyday on mine, no lift pump.. so i think i should easily hit 30 but from what i hear.. every truck is diffrent.. the less restriction in the intake and exhaust ive been told means less boost numbers.?? hell idk! lol

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Full throttle, mine will only hit about 28... Are you sure you didn't the valve installed backwards? Arrows towards the waste gate!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts