Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after replacing the DPF filter diff pressure sensor all was good for another 3000 km now P 2534 is back. Im just wondering what size the boot off the turbo is so I can get a plug for It and pressure test my intake.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
It's 2".
I made this out of a threaded PVC cap to test mine and it worked great. Slid right inside the rubber boot and clamped down. Pump air compressor up to 35 PSI and connect the air line and you're good to go.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I made one of these caps last year and even installed a pressure gauge on it. Couldn't get the system to hold air pressure and would leak down my compressor tank in no time. Couldn't find air leaks anywhere but you can hear air rushing through the sytem. Not sure what to think.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Got it all tested and found some leaks around the EGR gaskets. Contemplating Deleting instead of fixing.
Deleting is always the answer :)

If you plan on keeping the truck awhile delete it. If not just tighten stuff up and fix leaks as necessary

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I made one of these caps last year and even installed a pressure gauge on it. Couldn't get the system to hold air pressure and would leak down my compressor tank in no time. Couldn't find air leaks anywhere but you can hear air rushing through the sytem. Not sure what to think.
It will leak pressure Into the engine but should pressurize it enough to heat and major leaks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes you can hear the air going into and threw the engine it will not hold air unless you plug off the other side before it gets to the manifold. Mine would slowly bleed down and when I was giving it the air the compressor was running full time to keep up. Just got to look for a vendor that will ship the stuff to Canada.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
It was flowing more than I would have expected from engine leak down. Air was rushing so fast through the system it was nearly impossible to listen/detect leaks.

My experience definitely didn't reflect Nick's video. Go to the 2:30 mark and you can see leak down is VERY slow and quiet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5XoOe3Zjuo

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
the egr valve could be not sealing and letting it bypass the engine is my thought. and would explain your short regen cycles.
Last time I had it at dealer about 3mo ago and complaining yet again about the regens they said they tested the EGR and no issue. Also said they checked for boost leak and found none but tightened clamps anyways. No change in regens.

I think I need to get a third party to test it.

If the EGR were leaking as you say would air be flowing out the exhaust? I can feel some air coming out the tailpipe when pressurizing the system.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes it would go straight from the intake into the exhaust. Not sure how you could verify that easily. slip a piece of metal in to physically block it and try an pressure test again?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.