Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my edge insight cts it's only reading 22 psi of boost I read online that it can only read up to 22 is this true and if so do I have any options to fix this? Or do I need a separate boost gauge

·
Registered
607 Posts
On my edge insight cts it's only reading 22 psi of boost I read online that it can only read up to 22 is this true and if so do I have any options to fix this? Or do I need a separate boost gauge
You'll need a seperate gauge. I personally believe the map sensor can read higher, but the software in the computer isn't able to read higher than 22 psi.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I had the banks six gun iq display and I thought that one would read over 22? So my only option is seperate boost gauge, they hard to hook up? I need something that will go to 30 at least

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
You can buy a attachment for the edge for boost.

Its really easy to tape, on a lb7 IMO id just tap the wastegate line(before the ppe boost valve if you have one). Thats where I have mine and reads 100% accurate. You can also put it on the hot side IC pipe but the wastegate lines easy I just got a few fittings for a T in the line. Boost gauges are pretty cheap also, probably about as much as the adapter for the edge

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And so if I tap into wastegate line I put a t in it before the boost valve closer to the turbo?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Yeah before the boost valve on the turbo side

I might have a photo ill check

·
Registered
607 Posts
Before I had the banks six gun iq display and I thought that one would read over 22? So my only option is seperate boost gauge, they hard to hook up? I need something that will go to 30 at least
I'm pretty sure I've done Edge Juice with Attitude's before and I believe they read higher as well. The differrence is they are intercepting the sensors in the wiring harness and have a seperate comtrol module. Where the CTS is just reading what your factory computer is seeing.

They're pretty easy to hook up, but there are differrent ways to go about it. You can just T it into the are line that goes to the wastegate, if you have a PPE valve, put it on the compressor side of the T. The factory map sensor reads it after the intercooler on the intake manifold, which will have a different reading. So, you can tap it into the Y-pipe if you want to read it post Intercooler, which is the amount of boost the engine is actually seeing.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Its really easy to tape, on a lb7 IMO id just tap the wastegate line(before the ppe boost valve if you have one). Thats where I have mine and reads 100% accurate. You can also put it on the hot side IC pipe but the wastegate lines easy I just got a few fittings for a T in the line. Boost gauges are pretty cheap also, probably about as much as the adapter for the edge
My bad, I didn't relize they offered that. It's $135 retail, but it would be alot easier and cleaner.

Edge Products| Product

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How accurate is it being on the wastegate line? And what you mean compressor side? And so ya I guess I'll have to get boost gauge where do you suggest mounting it?

·
Registered
607 Posts

Do you also have to buy this Edge Products| Product ?

·
Registered
607 Posts
How accurate is it being on the wastegate line? And what you mean compressor side? And so ya I guess I'll have to get boost gauge where do you suggest mounting it?
It's accurate to how much boost the turbo is producing, but there's probably a couple of psi drop after the intercooler, before it goes into the engine. I'm just picky about stuff like that, but it's all relative. By compressor side, I mean to the right of your boost valve (towards the turbo compressor side of the boost valve, not towards the wastegate). I'm going to be installing a pyro and boost as well and I'll probably just do the pillar mount, but if you're looking for something diffrent or because your cts is in the way, do a search. I know I've seen a couple of threads where people put up pictures of all the different ways they've mounted them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you have an existing tap for a boost gauge, do you still have to buy the harness for the edge? Can you tap into the existing line and rig up the edge somehow, or do you have to spend the whole 139 for a harness and probe just to get a few inches of wire and the plug to insert into the edge?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
The wastegate line is extremely accurate. With a stock gate mine will read 22-23 psi. With it modded it jumps to 30-32 psi. Which is right on, the stock gate is suppose to only allow 22psi. Some may want to see whats going into the engine, but IMO I want to know what my turbo is making.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So do you think I should put in a boost gauge? I'm not sure how, or buy the add on edge sensor thing for cts? And has anyone ever put one in before?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
So adding a boost gauge is pretty much the same as the edge. Youll have to run wires and tap into a place to read boost in the engine bay.

You can buy a double gauge A pillar mount, mount the edge in one hole and boost gauge in the other hole. Or buy the single gauge pod steering column gauge mount to mount the boost gauge in. Or buy the edge adapter(a boost gauge will be cheaper though)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So what I can do is T my wastegate hose and run the wire through firewall into my truck then mount it somewhere ? Seems easy I just want a spot to mount it where I can see it easy just didn't really want a pillar

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just kind of dumb only being able to see 22 psi even if that's all I'm making with my mods I still wanna know

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
So what I can do is T my wastegate hose and run the wire through firewall into my truck then mount it somewhere ? Seems easy I just want a spot to mount it where I can see it easy just didn't really want a pillar
Yeah if its the edge its wiring. I have a mechanical gauge so its a little different (tubing instead of wiring)

Heres a picture of my wastegate with the T and ppe valve

If you do the edge itd be the same thing as the T I have just have to make sure the sensor will fit in the hole

1 - 20 of 23 Posts