Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really interested in swapping out my s300 for the new 9180 or 8374 efr turbos. The 9180 supposedly moves 94lbs of air and the 8374 does 79 lbs. I was wondering how those compare to my s364. Any info would be great!!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
They don't have a flow map on their site of the 364....Just the 362 and 366.

362 looks like 72-73lbs, 366 is close to 80... So I would say 75-76 lbs is an accurate guess of the 364

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. That's around what i was thinking. Has anyone used these turbo's yet?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Make sure you check out the exhaust side good. Most of them are designed for gassers so they have much larger exhaust housings which would make them fairly laggy on a diesel.

Lots of good technology there though.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you check out the exhaust side good. Most of them are designed for gassers so they have much larger exhaust housings which would make them fairly laggy on a diesel.

Lots of good technology there though.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...
You can get a .83 ar t-3 with a 74mm turbine on the 9180, it's also a 67mm inducer on the compressor. I just really want to see some real world results.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
The thing I see that would makes me worry the most is the Recirculation valve built in...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The recirculating BOV can be taken off and a cover put on that they supply with the turbo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts