Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some reading on here but have yet to come up with the answer. What size are the front door speakers and what size are the back door speakers for a crew cab? (I keep seeing 6.5'' or 4x6" and 5-1/4" and dont know which one is right) Also how do you hook up the speakers? (do you just plug and play or do you have to cut the factory plug and connect them with butt connectors?)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
crutchfield.com

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked there but they have all 3 sizes. It shows all of the speakers that would fit but which size would be the best?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bose uses some crazy size that no other company makes. The largest speaker that fits in the front and rear doors is 6 3/4"... but some smaller sizes fit as well because the bolt pattern on the speaker lines up the same... From there its all personal preference.
For instance you can get some cheaper, loud 3 way 6 3/4's or a more expensive, cleaner sounding componet system with 5 1/4's... just depends on what you want

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I just put 6 1/2's in my front and rear and I have a crew cab.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting some polk audio 6 1/2 speakers in the front doors a couple weeks ago. Had a blown pass side speaker and got tired of listening to it. Holding off on doing the backs but its good to know that I can get the same 6 1/2" speakers for the back.
Thanks for the input guys!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
4x6 is the back size without modification

·
Registered
399 Posts
arnt bose speakers less of an OHM reading than a normal speaker?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts