Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i recently bought the stupid $100 wire harness to put an aftermarket headunit in my truck that has the bose system with onstar. i got it hooked up and everything seems to work correctly but whenever i turn on the truck there is a pretty loud pop that comes from the speakers. my guess is that the factory bose amp doesnt have soft turn on. does anybody know if there is a way to fix this other than take all the bose stuff out and replace it all with aftermarket speakers and amps?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I didnt change my factory head unit for the same reason! I know stereo shops make several componenets to add after market stuff to your stock system. You might want to stop in your local stereo shop and ask them.

Did you have the 6 disk cd changer? Why did you take out the factory and add a aftermarket stereo if, I may ask? I have the stock stereo in mine and added a few subs.. The system sounds great :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the main reason i changed the headunit out is because im used to my alpine that i had in my previous truck. it has the ipod cable directly linked and works great since that i primarily what i listen to. i would like to add a couple subs in the near future, but i cant find a box for the truck that i am happy with

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the 4 door crew cab. the ones that i have found go behind the seat and you have to cut out the spring loaded piece of the back of the seat that extends the floor, and i dont really want to do that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
my local stero shop is going to custom make a fiberglass encloser for my 4 door. maybe there is someone in your area that can do the same

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Maybe you know of the place I got mine. I just remembered there from Florida its called Sound Off Audio. I cant remember how mutch I paid for my box but it wasnt bad and I just had to remove a 1x2x16 peace of box channel under the rear seat that had no purpose any way. I found the place on ebay still but they dont list any GM CC box's. Id call or message them. They had to make mine from scratch. Ill have to take pics of mine :D

Ebay Item # 160153123986

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, try to get a pic or two if possible of the box you bought.

i can build a fiberglass box if thats what it comes to, i made one for the quad cab dodge ram i used to have and it turned out pretty good for bein my first big fiberglass project.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha you bet, I think for myself I'd get the one with the amp space. Still considering other options to save the back floor but eventually I just won't care about the space like I didn't with my old truck and put 2 subs back there.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its all good on the camera thing. the link is actually for the 07+ but if you follow the link and click on the home button you can see all the different models they build boxes for. but the ones in the link and the one you have are what im looking for, all the ones before those i had found you needed to cut the spring loaded floor piece behind the seat and move the air ducting out and i didnt really wanna do all that.

oh and the ones in the link you can actually order them loaded with elemental design subs which are really good subs from what my friends have said having used them in their own systems before!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
btw towmaster, do you happen to know how many cubic feet ur box is and is it single or dual chamber?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bose interface

"everything seems to work correctly but whenever i turn on the truck there is a pretty loud pop that comes from the speakers. my guess is that the factory bose amp doesnt have soft turn on. does anybody know if there is a way to fix this?"

What you are hearing is a capacitive discharge manifested as noise across your speakers. I used the crutchfield kit that sends the warning signal to a separate single speaker module mounted under the dash. This provides the factory warning function isolated from the rest of your system. It works great on mine.

Not sure what the wisdom was in piping the warning across the sound system speakers to begin with. Oh well, hope that helps:cool

·
Registered
98 Posts
MTX Makes a pre amped box the fits right under your seat for a ext cab or 4 door very easy to install plug and play like most chips. I had the bose system in my truck I found the easiest way to fix that pop is to replace All speakers and deck in the doors is simple check factory speakers for mini amps on the sides of them if nothing found use factory harness as for the deck your pre amp system should be gone when you replace the deck. I never had a amp in the truck from factory it was all on each speaker kind of like the dodge infinty system crap crap crap. My new truck is ordered with no system at all saves me a ton of work. Oh ya for your info ON starr sucks they can turn it on whenever the want and listen to what your saying so if you cross the white line some times don't talk in your truck.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the info guys, i might check around in the doors and such for odd things. and for the record..i hate ONstar!! lol:drink

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I bought one of the boxes too but mine makes it to where none of the chimes work... So i have went out to a dead truck many of mornings...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
that pop is from someone not hooking up the a mp remote wire to the right port. samething happened with my truck and i took it to the local car stero shop and they said you need to change a wire over with the bose system and it will stop that loud pop

1 - 20 of 23 Posts