Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 07 HD 3500 it is a sweeeet truck, I love chevy's..and I just wanted to know what to keep an eye on when it comes to the duramax. I have never owned a diesel but sure do love it!!!! thanks for the help

P.S. We love her wide hips....

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
before you ask...

Don't worry about the "low" oil pressure. It's normal. Duramaxs' use a LPHV (low pressure high volume) system.

Don't worry about the "high" Coolant temp. The gauge sucks, and operating temps are about 185*, not 215* as the gauge says.

Don't worry about the voltage being low when you start the truck, it'll come up to normal after a few seconds.

Read all the stickies, and search, search, search!

Welcome, and have fun!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
omg you guys are the bomb...u knew all my problems and concerns...i noticed these issues and i was going to call my dealer...thanks

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
:D We try.

Oh yah, I forgot the biggest one of all. Read up On the main difference of the LMM Duramax, the DPF or Diesel Particulate Filter.

Read up on "Regeneration" too, it's part of the DPF Cycle of operation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok..now is the LMM a concern? what about the PDF? my buddy owns a shop and told me once my extended warranty is up to get rid of it..yes i know ex. warranty..but the allison really made me nervous my buddy had to have his replaced at 110,000 cost him 4500.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
No no, it's not a concearn, it's just something to be aware of, by that I mean, how it functions, and what it's function is.

Nothing to be scared/worried about at all.

You're right, a lot of people do "delete" the DPF, it's easy to do. Just read up on as much as you can, and you'll get fetched up real quick. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts