Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,well i brought my truck back to stock from the quad s2,ordered the edge evo race.everyone has good things to say about it,and i had the money so what the hell right?,installed the edge evo race,loaded lvl 2 on it,since i hadnt installed my jr kit yet..this programmer is sooooo smooth,makes the truck sound like a lb7 i think by adjusting the vanes in the turbo? love the new exhaust tone..the 60hp setting on the evo race,seems to pull harder than my 70hp tune on the s2...smokes about the same,but shifts amazing,soo smooth..no timing rattle at all,and alot more top end then the quad s2...anyone who is thinking about making the change to a better tune,and doesnt wanna dig into efi live..this is the programmer to buy...ppl say its better than the ppe..i never used there programmer but this thing is awsome,well worth the money spent..i just need to buy the edge accs. port,i thought it included the egt wires.but apparently not...i Just wanted to thank thoroughbred diesel for the customer service and for my edge evo race!!!!

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
ok,well i brought my truck back to stock from the quad s2,ordered the edge evo race.everyone has good things to say about it,and i had the money so what the hell right?,installed the edge evo race,loaded lvl 2 on it,since i hadnt installed my jr kit yet..this programmer is sooooo smooth,makes the truck sound like a lb7 i think by adjusting the vanes in the turbo? love the new exhaust tone..the 60hp setting on the evo race,seems to pull harder than my 70hp tune on the s2...smokes about the same,but shifts amazing,soo smooth..no timing rattle at all,and alot more top end then the quad s2...anyone who is thinking about making the change to a better tune,and doesnt wanna dig into efi live..this is the programmer to buy...ppl say its better than the ppe..i never used there programmer but this thing is awsome,well worth the money spent..i just need to buy the edge accs. port,i thought it included the egt wires.but apparently not...i Just wanted to thank thoroughbred diesel for the customer service and for my edge evo race!!!!
sounds like you like it, whats the level hp waiting on the evo race?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine came with the EGT wires in the same box with the tuner, From Husker Diesel.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have it on lvl 2 right now which is 60hp,im going to probably run lvl 4 or 5 with the transgo jr kit.that will be plently enough for me,im aiming for 13.5s. so we will see what happends..with lvl 4,a good boosted launch,and good 60ft i should be around that..

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The Evo Race includes the pyro probe, the Evo CS/CTS do not.

is the tuning the same on the evo race and the cs/cts?? and are they switch on the fly or do you have to stop shut it down and change it??

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the edge evo race series,you have to shut the truck off and do it that way,alot better than the switching on the fly,that way your tranny doesnt suffer from switching from different power levels all the time...and yes the tuning is the same for all edge evo race programmers i belive,the standard,CS,and CTS

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
niceeee,how much coal were u rollin,does this prgrammer roll nice smoke at all? like the quad s2

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
What is the highest HP level and rating.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
well i read this thread and bought the evo race from alligator performance , Thanks Fellas This site makes me go broke lmao , J/K

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ran mine on 7 stock tranny never sent me into limp mode. I keep it on 2 now. Thinking about getting a shift kit next

·
Registered
298 Posts
I run mine on 3 and I love it. My wife likes it because it reminds her about her '05 Mustang GT. She and I both love how we was can just hop out into traffic and give it the onion and it chirps the tires, burps a black cloud, and rolls on up to speed really quick like. I have a couple buddies that get in with me and are surprised by the acceleration of a 6800lb truck with a goose neck hitch in the bed. (these aren't your granpappies farm trucks anymore boys) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.