Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a performance brake booster, or a better way to get pressure to it? Im trying to get the truck to stop better. I have EBC USR rotors all around with yellow stuff pads.

I have been looking into SSBC calipers, as well as Brembo and wilwood brake systems.

My complaint stems from the feeling that the regardless of good pads and rotors, the pedal feels like it all the way down, but the truck is not stopping sometimes. And sometimes it grabs really good and stops great with just a little pressure on the pedal.

any ideas?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have you ever flushed your brake fluid? It is the most neglected fluid system in most vehicles. If you truck is 5 years old then it is way over do.

My truck is 2 years old and I plan to do it as soon as it warms up. There is a write-up on how to do it in the DIY section in the forum.

Hope it helps.
John

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you ever flushed your brake fluid? It is the most neglected fluid system in most vehicles. If you truck is 5 years old then it is way over do.

My truck is 2 years old and I plan to do it as soon as it warms up. There is a write-up on how to do it in the DIY section in the forum.

Hope it helps.
John
good idea, i have never performed this.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Flushing the brake fluid and power steering fluid, and changing to synthetic in both made a big difference in mine. I pulled the brake fluid reservoir off and cleaned it out really well. I also installed a magnetic inline filter in the power steering return line.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Hook Em Horns Did A Very Good Write Up On This, Do As He Says And Get The Pneumatic Brake Flush Kit From Harbor Freight Tools Item# 92924-6vga It Makes It So Much Easier, Takes Maybe 30-35 Min To Do The Entire Flush.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
subscribing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts