Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a brake controler for my wifes truck and am looking for recomendations. I would like to get one that is easy for her to use and has a digital display on it also!

Let me know which one yall like and why if ya could?
Thanx
Caleb

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a Reese in mine Caleb, digital brakeman or whatever they call it. So simple even I can't screw it up! I got mine from my local trailer axle supplier, I got a good deal on it ;)

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i have in mine, I think:eek: ? I dont like how it applys the brakes so hard when you are just moving slowly, like in traffinc or going through a toll booth, ya know what i mean?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thats what i have in mine, I think:eek: ? I dont like how it applys the brakes so hard when you are just moving slowly, like in traffinc or going through a toll booth, ya know what i mean?
Yup, probally more noticable with a stick than an auto though :confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Prodigy by tekonsha im always pulling a trailer it works great easy to set. Little more expensive than others but its by far worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have the Prodigy, it is pricy but it is the best controller currently on the market.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I highly recommend the Prodigy. I swapped over to it and love it. Like the boost feature(where you can choose three levels of initial pressure).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed the Prodigy on Friday and towed a 36' trailer on Saturday. All I can say after the 300 mile trip is I will only recomend this unit, it works hands down better then any other controller I have ever used.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Prodigy!:) Simple, easy, And works great. My wife has towed with my truck and the Prodigy without hassle.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
PA farm girl. Drives standards trans trucks, tractors, fourwheelers, goes hunting, and get this likes Beagles! To late I already snagged her!:tease

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:cool: Not to many women can handle driving a stick truck. :gearjamin
yeah tell me about it, it caused me to buy another truck:confused: !!

ANyhooo, i went with a reese controler, not sure on what the modle is. i know it has a digital read out and prograsivly applys the brakes unlike the on in my truck that applys as soon you hit the peddle!

·
Registered
484 Posts
yeah tell me about it, it caused me to buy another truck:confused: !!!
You should just change your sig to, mine - dedicated race truck and hers - my new sled puller, we all know that's what you got in mind anyhow. Got Wheelbase? :D

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You should just change your sig to, mine - dedicated race truck and hers - my new sled puller, we all know that's what you got in mind anyhow. Got Wheelbase? :D

Thats not true:rolleyes: ....................

·
Registered
484 Posts
wait, maybe that's what she had in mind? :confused:

I know it's just all in fun!

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you guys say its 'pricey' are we talking about the same brake?

I found it for about 120 bucks, to me thats pretty cheap from the few I have seen at my local traler sales place. am I looking at the right one?

thanks guys!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts