Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, every time i push my brake pedal in it makes this weird squeeking noise and its bugging the crap out of me. Not to mention my brakes suck in general.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
So does every other 2500 Ive ever driven. Get used to it. lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of the other Chevy 2500's at my old job did the same thing. What exactly is it?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Crappy american engineering would be my only guess

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lately, every time i push my brake pedal in it makes this weird squeeking noise and its bugging the crap out of me. Not to mention my brakes suck in general.
You ever get this fixed? Mine started doing this about a month ago. My brakes work just fine, but the squeeking is annoying as hell.

·
Registered
676 Posts
If the squeak is in the tube, then you can drill a 15/64 hole and just screw in a zert, with a nut driver and grease it. Just a thought!

·
Registered
243 Posts
If the squeak is in the tube, then you can drill a 15/64 hole and just screw in a zert, with a nut driver and grease it. Just a thought!
Thanks for the advice. I will use this as a last resort. You would think if this is a common problem there would be a fix that didn't involve any drilling or non oem fixes.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have never had a problem with pedals in a GM product I have done this fix in Class eights. They all use the same set-up, nylon bushings seperating metal tubes. Any kind of contamination can cause a noise. What grease does, is act muffler, besides a lubricant.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
My squeak stopped after I did the HydroBoost/Powersteering Flush.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anyone else have experience with this issue and a fix?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anyone? Still squeeking :help

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dropping in the the squeak have the same problem??????????

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I need to brake I turn the radio up louder so I dont hear the squeak. Only drawback to that is my ears ring when I get out of the truck after stop and go rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
243 Posts
P/S H/B flush is the solution! I finally did this today, no more squeek. Brakes are a whole lot better and so is the P/S. Cheap, easy and quick to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.